Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to purchase a new element. It is convenient to purchase in NC, SC, VA, DC, MD, NJ, DE, PA, NY - any suggestions? I want to finance at the lowest rate (any 0% financing available?) What dealerships did you have the best experience and get the best price? Any internet deals that worked?

Really appreciate assistance, as I have had bad experiences in the past with area dealerships for GMC and Volvo.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Goto www.carbuyingtips.com and read the whole site. I used every price service they list to request quotes and got my 2WD EX 5-speed at invoice.

As to interest rates, if you want 0% buy a GM, Ford, Chrysler, or Mitsu. The only nationally subsidised rate for Honda is 1.9% on Civics. For the Memorial Day weekend they had a largely unadvertised 2.9% promotion (as my E arrived on the last day of that promo, I was very happy). To see the current promotions, go to the www.hondacars.com site.

Good luck finding your E!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just make up a sheet listing what model/color/options (if any) you want and include a generic paragraph ("Dear Honda Sales Manager:") asking for their best offer. Fax / email it to the dealers in your buying region -- not just those listed with the buying services. Say you're giving them all a week to send back their written offer and when that car would be available to you. You may find that some have better pricing while others have better buying power for you -- you'll have to balance out the price/delivery difference.

This will offend some dealers, but others will go for it. This is roughly what I did. It's looking like I'm gonna pay slightly more than what another dealer offered me but will get faster delivery. Only a hundred bucks, not gonna make or break me.

Good luck!
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.