Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As much as I would like to get out and do a full wax on my E myself, I just don't have the time. OK, it's pretty dang hot out there too!

Who is the best detail shop in town? I want a place that loves cars and knows how to treat them. Someplace that will use good wax, no swirls, and can remove the waterspots left by the previous owner's sprinklers. Someplace that can get the plastic back to an even color without scratching it or using the wrong cleaner.

Does this exist?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good question. While I have 2 excellent forum aquaintances that do this professionally that I would completely trust, they're only as close as Brownsville and Detroit.

I just had a flying ice chest lid attack the hood of my wife's black Pilot this week leaving some "great" scratches. So, I'm looking hard for someone to do a good buff job and detail. I have a body shop near me in Greatwood/Sugar Land I may give a shot. Their front service shop does all my routine oil changes so am hoping the body shop in back will be run as well. WIth it being private and being acquainted with the owner, I feel I have a better shot of assuring a good job or at least having recourse if needing better effort. And...their garage transport car is a well maintained 05 E!

Will be at least a couple of weeks before I put the car in but will let you know how it goes if still searching.

By the way, there is a great polish called Wet Paint ( http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/detailing.html ) that does a terrific job of replacing wax if you end up going the self abuse way in doing this yourself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually looking at this guy: http://www.handwax.net/

His website sucks but he has some great photos if you dig around. Many of his detailed cars have won awards at shows and his prices are really good. He comes to your house too.

I sent an email asking about the products he uses. I'll post when I hear back.

Another thought: several years ago I used a product on our turbo Beetle that you sprayed on in a mist and then rubbed off. This was after the car was washed and it was primarily used for car shows. The shine was amazing. Can anyone think of the name of this product?

Edit: I didn't see your link above. It was just like that. I don't think it was that actual product though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha!

Did you see my post about the scratches? Some A** keyed me the other day. I'm trying to get that and the "splotchy" plastic above the doors looking good again.

I hope there is a good turn out at the meet!

·
Registered
35 Posts
This fellow is a mobile detailer in Houston and will come to your house. He hangs out on autopia.org as MobileJay and you can see his work (before and afters) posted over there. His website is http://www.mobileinq.com/ Here is a post on Autopia with before and afters on a couple cars he has worked on : http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/117446-ferrari-550-range-rover-lr3-polished-lots-picks.html
I only know MobileJay by reputation, so this recommendation is based on the excellent work he posts on the detailing forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
walterGT67

Sorry, there isn't much in Pittsburg. The closest good ones are in Ohio.
If your willing to drive a little, let me know. I can fix you up with a good one.

Sludge

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is a guy my dad swears by in the Upper Kirby area. My dad, who is horribly paranoid about his Porsche, swears by this guy. I think he's pretty inexpensive too. It's late, but I'll hit him up for a number and location in the morning. Hopefully this will still be useful information... not sure if you've already taken your E in, lol.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
There is a guy my dad swears by in the Upper Kirby area. My dad, who is horribly paranoid about his Porsche, swears by this guy. I think he's pretty inexpensive too. It's late, but I'll hit him up for a number and location in the morning. Hopefully this will still be useful information... not sure if you've already taken your E in, lol.
Do post it please...it's helpful for many of us.

(This is one of those threads that can really show how useful these forums can be.)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Good hand car wash/ detail shop in Houston is the one called keep it clean on Washington avenue. I constantly see porches and lambos in there getting ready for the weekend. Plus I think I remember the guy telling me 60 for wash and hand wax on the E. I have gotten multiple car washes there, and is the only place I will take Grey Box to get washed. The hand wash for the E was like 16 or so, and they semi detail(dust EVERYTHING inside, door sils, etc.). Real good work.. Highly recomended. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts