Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there are a thousand posts about HID's and I'm sorry to be adding to the list. But I have some concerns and would like some advice. About a year ago I bought some PIAA Extreme White H4 for my 2005 Element. About a week ago the passenger side started flickering, and I popped the hood and it came on. Well a few more days of this the driver side starts. Long story short both bulbs have blown in about a year’s time. I have run Piaa's for about 10 years. My Prelude used an H1 and they have lasted 5 years.

I don't know if I want to risk getting a HID kit or just replace them with a new set of PIAA’s. Do you guys know of any good quality HID kits? I know a few people on here are running the VVME's. I know a friend running them in a 2006 Ford F-150. They are extremely bright but when in an area with any other light what so ever. They are not too bright. I'm not sure if they are just not designed for the light housing or what the problem is. Just to be honest I would not buy VVME's. I've done some research and checked out the DDM tuning HID's. I seen a few people say they were good lights but service is poor.

Does anyone know of a good quality brand that makes HID's for our Elements? I think you get what you pay for and that is why I have always run PIAA's.

For those that are tired of reading about HID's I'm sorry don't be too hard on me. I love this forum and have been a Honda guy since the day I brought home my Prelude. :)

After a few months of research I think I'm going with a set of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-B...0210024?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

Does anyone have these installed or know if they are good or bad?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Well I will give my input on both types of HID kits and I like the H4 Bi xenon better then the projector kits. and thats only because I live in a very hilly area and the cutoff in the projectors is abrupt. For the projector kits you have to remove the headlight lenses and install the projectors and reinstall the lenses. If you install ether kit make sure you adjust the level of the lights after the install. Both kits are plug and play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts