Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is an interesting page on Honda oil filters.

Enjoy.
Old news...

It's only the Honda filters made by Honeywell that are crap. These are the ones with the part number A02 in the middle. If you can get the older A01 or PCX filtes, you will be good.

BTW: Have you ever removed a filter from your Honda and had nothing come pouring out? This is how you know the anti-drainback valve has gone bad. I've experienced several on crapy fram orange filters. This is why I stopped using them in the first place. I had no idea the cartidge was carboard compared to every other filter out there (that is metal). Pretty much the same thing as the Honda A02 filter, only with less pleats. Don't buy these crapy cardboard filters!!!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, like the guy on that site said, he put over 300,000 miles on his Integra using only Fram filters.

I had no idea the cartidge was carboard compared to every other filter out there (that is metal). Pretty much the same thing as the Honda A02 filter, only with less pleats. Don't buy these crapy cardboard filters!!!
From the site I noted above:
Also, the metal end-cap/"paper" end-cap question is another thing is used to cause alarm among users. Whether a filter has metal end caps or "paper" ones is of no consequence at all when the filter is used in its correct application. Whether metal or "paper" is used for the end caps, glue is still used to hold everything together, and the glue seams (and medium pleats) are the weakest points of any filter.
And, he had this to say about the Honda 15400-PLM-A02 filter:

Honda is installing these filters on cars that are under warranty. That should say something right there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts