Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums and a new element owner of a 2008 awd EX with a MT. I bought it with 240k and it honestly wasn't taken care very well by the previous owner. But I feel like with some TLC and a few quality-of-life mods i'll be able to make it last past 500k, and look good doing it. So my question today was about lift kits and tire sizes. I really like the look of 225/75/16 KO2s, but I've also seen a lot warning against tire rubbing in that size unless you add a small lift or at least some spacers. This is something i'm also concerned about because I generally have a few hundred pounds of equipment in the toaster so any rubbing issues will probably be exaggerated with all the weight bringing it down. And when it comes to lift kits, it seems many here have had issues with the CCM ones. So what would be a good solution? Does anyone know anything about the Aerogenics USA lifts? Any information helps :)

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello,
I have the aerogenics lift kit installed
1.5 front
2.0 rear
Front camber bolts
Rear adjustable control arms
1/2" engine drop kit
Falken wildpeaks 235/70/16 on stocks
Then alignment.

I went with aerogenics because there lift kit is 100% reversible if you want to go back to stock also they have there lift swap program I actually started with 1.0 front and rear. Then I put in some new KYB shocks and decided to go higher. One thing you should know is that lifting hour element with 240k you will probably need to replace a lot of the suspension components. On mine I have replaced
Ball joints
End links
Bushings
Control arm bushings
Shocks
It's not to bad i got most of the stuff from rockauto.com hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
1.5 front
2.0 rear
Front camber bolts
1/2" engine drop kit
Then alignment.

I went with aerogenics because there lift kit is 100% reversible if you want to go back to stock also they have there lift swap program I actually started with 1.0 front and rear. Then I put in some new KYB shocks and decided to go higher. One thing you should know is that lifting hour element with 240k you will probably need to replace a lot of the suspension components. On mine I have replaced
Ball joints
End links
Bushings
Control arm bushings
Shocks
That’s very helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
1.5 front
2.0 rear
Front camber bolts
1/2" engine drop kit
Then alignment.

Ball joints
End links
Bushings
Control arm bushings
Shocks
Will the Falken wildpeaks 235/70/16 fit without the lift? I'm considering putting these on my stock EX

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
188 Posts
Will the Falken wildpeaks 235/70/16 fit without the lift? I'm considering putting these on my stock EX
I'm running 235/70 cooper discoveries without a lift.
Only issue is some slight rubbing in the rear on really big compressions at speed.
A 1/4 inch strut spacer in the rear would probably resolve it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts