Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2004 Element in Sunset orange pearl YR539P which is faded on the hood mostly as well as the front of the side door panels. I’ve repaired some dents and smoothed out the driver’s side door panels which are now ready to be painted. Any recommendations for a lower budget friendly paint manufacturer that carries a good paint match. I’d prefer single stage spray paint but I’m open to suggestions. I need enough to cover the whole side of the car where the orange paint would normally go(not the plastic panels). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you might find that your color will be expensive to mix. Most orange pearl colors from various manufacturers that I've run into have usually been in the higher cost bracket of colors. You will need about a quart of ready to spray basecoat to refinish and entire side and hood with 2 coats. You can check the following website for some prices:

Go to your nearby auto paint store and ask them how much it will cost to purchase your paint code in either single stage or basecoat. If you go basecoat method, you will need clearcoat as well. If you go single stage method, make sure to use hardener for it. Also do not be shocked at how much 8 oz of hardener for single stage will be. Sometimes that small bottle of hardener for single stage is expensive for the amount you get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts