Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a Honda Element, as the best and only vehicle which will meet my needs for transporting my recumbent trike, fit in my garage, and one I can easily get in and out of.
I would just like more modern upgrades and safety features, seat's etc.
Have you guys found a good place locally to replace and upgrade these high mileage SUV's?

Car Toys can do most of the electronic upgrades, but what about new seat's (leather and electric)
plus a local shop for doing engine and drive train replacements?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your only realistic source for replacement seats is lucking into a wrecked Element at a junk yard. Otherwise aftermarket seats can be a hassle to mount to the Element frames.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I'm sure its only a matter of money and I can get a specialty company to do the work. I've found some cool companies that specialize in complete leather covers, and only need a good company that refirbishes car seats. Same for everything else in the car. Just wanted to hear feedback from anyone who has gone down this customization road locally.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
505 Posts
Have to be careful with custom seat covers or upholstery for 2007+ Elements because they have airbags in the front seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard that Fleetwood, thank you. These original seats have drawbacks, and I cannot help but wonder if that issue is the same for all modern cars. Question would be then can the original seats be completely refirbished and then recovered?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts