Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since only one of the big three colors was used on the E, what color do you think will have the best resale 2 years from now? I sorta like the SOP, but will it be one of those colors like yellow that look good but the masses pass on?

Be open minded now....G Man

·
Registered
74 Posts
Orange is the most popluar according to the dealers in the midwest. Unless you plan to drive this car for over 10 yrs I can't see orange being hard to resell.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't discount us guys who drive their cars to the ground! hehe I for one had my VW Passat for over 11 years until it gave out on me. I plan on keeping my Element for perhaps even longer than my last car since it is supposed to be a reliable Honda right?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Why let someone else benefit from the Honda reliability and good maint you've provided. Run them into the ground. Most vehicles last 5 years....I got a Honda for the long haul..

·
Registered
914 Posts
Orange in the midwest...could it be because of the OSU cowboys or Texas longhorns, or maybe for the fact that it'll just turn that color anyway with all the dirt?

I think the SOP is going to be like VW's neon green color...i see so many used ones on the lots that nobody wants.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That’s why you have Earl Scheib or Maaco :lol: And I would also have to disagree with you. The SOP will live on!! 8)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey don't forget that Missouri and Kansas and sometimes Iowa are a part of the midwest too! I'm a Missourian, and no one here likes either OSU or Texas so team or school loyalty/pride has no play in it. :x About the dirt, we happen to like it :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Comments at the dealer were most of their customers ( here in KC) expressed a pref. for the black or the blue. They were having trouble moving the orange EX they had and had finaly sold the Green after many test drives.

I choose the black, but almost got the blue.
Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote:ed29da4d3c="Hawaiian E"]Orange in the midwest...could it be because of the OSU cowboys or Texas longhorns, or maybe for the fact that it'll just turn that color anyway with all the dirt?

I think the SOP is going to be like VW's neon green color...i see so many used ones on the lots that nobody wants.[/quote:ed29da4d3c]

Acutally, the ugly lime-green beetle's are one of the best sellers. Crazy as it might sound. :shock:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Personally I think the Silver or SL Mist will be the best for resale if you plan on keeping the car for more than about 8 years. These two colors seem to hold up well over the long run. I like the Silver the best as it really is easy to maintain and doesn't show the dirt. I live in MA and the weather here can create real problems on dark colored cars.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Orange not moving??? To the contrary, you can't find Orange Elements.

THe SOP is the in the greatest demand.

Silver is a good bet for resale; however, people who buy 8 year old cars are more concerned with the mechanical condition than the color.

Take my advice, and drive the wheels off it. If you are gonna trade in a vehicle after 5 years you could've bought anything. To get your $$ worth out of a Honda drive them forever and avoid car payments.

·
Registered
90 Posts
VW had a Tropic Orange GTI and it was very popular and still holds up its value, so maybe the Orange has it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts