Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving on the sand beach in OBX and i got a lot of sand on my car And in the engine, whats the best way to clean that out.

We ran it through a under carriage wash and washed it by hand(only the frame)
so is the a way that gets thew sand out?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Open the hood at the quarter car wash and spray away. I've been washing the engine compartment of my cars like this for 40+ years with no problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Open the hood at the quarter car wash and spray away. I've been washing the engine compartment of my cars like this for 40+ years with no problems.
Not saying I haven't done it... carefully... but it's surely not something I would recommend on an internet chat room. Type something like 'pressure washed engine won't start' into google for some good reads....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Not saying I haven't done it... carefully... but it's surely not something I would recommend on an internet chat room. Type something like 'pressure washed engine won't start' into google for some good reads....
ONe would hope folks have enough common sense to know what to spray and what not to spray in an engine compartment...if not, they'll presumably learn soon enough.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
ONe would hope folks have enough common sense to know what to spray and what not to spray in an engine compartment...if not, they'll presumably learn soon enough.
I spray it all. Have been for years. If a problem arises (it hasn't yet) then you'd better get it fixed before you drive through a big puddle.:roll:

Driving in the rain splashes water all over your engine compartment (especially on an Element) so things in there had better be water repellent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spray it all. Have been for years. If a problem arises (it hasn't yet) then you'd better get it fixed before you drive through a big puddle.:roll:

Driving in the rain splashes water all over your engine compartment (especially on an Element) so things in there had better be water repellent.
Splashing water from under is substantially different from a couple thousand PSI coming from the top. To each his or her own of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts