Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum for discussing brakes, but here it goes.

I am aware of the VSA recall, but this is beyond that. What are my options from upgrading the front brakes? The brakes in the Element is a bit vague to me. Wondering if there are options besides the ridiculously expensive (and overkill) Rotora BBK. Are there kits out there that uses the factory calipers with larger diameter rotors? I did a google search and found mention of PowerSlot Plus kits, listed as something for models up to '04, but I have a '07. PowerSlot's site appears to be dead so I can't find more info.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i know that MDX brakes/calipers can be fitted to a CR-V, so i suspect that they would also fit the E. i don't know if that would give you any improvement, though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would try a different pad before spending the money on bigger brakes. Brake pedal "feel" can be pad sensitive as well as not keeping your fluid fresh and your calipers bled. I've used Hawk pads in most all of my cars for both street and track use and I believe they make pads for your 2007. I'd look at the HPS friction compound.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There has been extensive discussion on this subject. There are threads with brands names and Photo's of non oem systems. Some of the members that posted those threads are now gone. So they will not be responding to this thread .

A simple search will give you several threads to read. I found 7 threads with information that may be of interest to you.

This one is an old thread from 04 !! I like older threads.;-) However there are several newer threads that address this subject.

Dom

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A simple search will give you several threads to read. I found 7 threads with information that may be of interest to you.
Dom, I did search and the returned results were all over the place. Most were generalizations and lacked substance. Plus, I was looking for specific info on the PowerSlot options as the power slot site doesn't seem to exist, and were only listed for up to '04. I don't think there is any difference in front brake mounting for all years?

Thanks for the info anyway. I guess my search keywords weren't general enough to cast a wide net.

It could also be the tires too. The Uniroyals the previous owner put on it are awful. Turns like a boat.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I believe the Powerslot BBK has been discontinued but from a search it appears to have the same part number as the 1998-2002 Accord V6 Auto trans. The Drift Element is running TL brakes and rotors with slightly modified mounting bracket. The options I was looking at so far are the newer Odyssey and CRV calipers as they are dual piston. Not sure of how the spacing and clearances are as I have not had the time or cash to grab parts and experiment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts