Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the style of the element but.... looks a little close to the ground to actually go on some of the back roads i take to fishing holes. any ideas to raise it a bit, just a little would help.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Larger wheels and tires are the only way to go so far. There has been a number of threads about this so it would be good for you to do a search. Also, there is a company working on a skid plate for the gas tank (which is seriously low if you want to go anywhere off the road, including going over a curb). 6.9" is pretty low (especially with a composite gas tank), so be careful.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I definitely want a skid plate for my new Element. I think it is a good idea even if i never went off road. Let me know when this company manufactures one.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what company is working on a skid plate? any ideas as to what it will be made of?

Cool.

I just went home to visit my parents this weekend and the ground clearance was close, crossing the creek 2 times on a non-maintained road..... I was just thinking of trying to figure out a skidpan design, if somone is already on it and not TOO expensive I am there!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The skidplate does sound like a good idea. Anyone with info - your EOC friends really want to hear about this. Share your information when you get it.

I can't believe I've gone from a buyer, to a buyer who went for SUNSET ORANGE, to a buyer who is going to get aftermarket stereo and alarm, to a buyer who would go so far as to add a non-cosmetic, non-audio accessory like this.

This just proves one thing to me: I was waiting for something like the Element to bring me back to my love of cars. The nice people here at EOC also are a big factor in this car excitement. Wait til I get it. You guys will want to call my doctor and say "Give Kim some Valium, she's bouncing off the walls!"

:lol: :wink: 8) :!:

·
Registered
359 Posts
This fellow was discussing a stainless steel front guard that his company is working on and mentioned that they would be working on a skid plate for the Element, next. This was being discussed on another Element web site. Seems like a good honest guy.

David McCune Jr.
Coastal Metals Auto Accessories
http://www.hondas2000accessories.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.