Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone that has these have any issues with rubbing? Can the steering still be turned all the way. Can your E still be fully loaded with no rubbing issues? I want this size, but will settle for the 225/70r16 if need be. Anybody?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 235/70/16 BFG Mud Terrains with no rubbing at all.

These are mounted on oem spec rims from Tirerack and I've had no issues even when fully loaded and bombing down the road. I do get plenty of looks and remarks because of the tires and can't see why you'd have any issues either. Good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about weight

Do you think that because the Light Truck tires are heavier it could have a negative effect on the ball joints etc...? Those look sweet by the way.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Since the wheels and tires are "unsprung weight", they cannot, per se, have an effect on suspension parts unless your Element spends lots of time on a hoist with the wheels and tires hanging in the air. That said, more aggressive driving due to having more aggressive tires can indeed, affect suspension wear. ;-)

I wouldn't consider the additional weight much of a factor in making a tire switch decision. Most of what will reasonably fit an Element isn't going to put much strain on the suspension, provided you maintain a wheel offset that's close to factory specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts