Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I traded in my 07 SC to the 10 SC, I miss the HID so much. So finally I pull the trigger to get the Bi-Xenon retrofit kit and receive it today..

Anyone did the retrofit on 09-10 model? I'm still kinda afraid to "bake" the headlight, and other recommendation to use instead of a oven? ie heat gun or sth...

Anyway, I'm going to install it on Saturday.. can't wait.

The projectors i got came with the "backlight" and the angel eye, any suggestion should I use the angel eye, the "backlight", and the stock for DRL? or just using the angel eye without using the stock bulb .. or any other suggestion??

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Baking can be a seemingly odd method, but it works well. Using a heat gun may be considerably easier as doing the baking method heats up the whole thing and makes it hard to handle w/insulated gloves. Basically, just heat it enough to pry it apart... and try not to lose any of the gunk so that you can reuse it to seal the light after.

Be sure to post your results, and if you have the time a descriptive DIY is always appreciated!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand and where did you get them projectors?
I got my kit from a sponsor @ honda-tech. There are so people installed this kit and seems not that bad, plus I don't need to modified the stock light that much instead of doing the "OEM" retrofit.

i have HIDs in the oem headlights, no problem here.
I was thinking to just get the hi-lo hid kit, but since I had the SC before with the HID.. and I missed that cut off.. 8)

wastedonanime: Thanks for your advice, for the first time, do you think the baking method maybe easier for me?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, here is the pictures of the projector...

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just have it installed, and it's easier then I thought. Will post some picture later..:razz:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally took some picture of my headlights.. so far so good.. I still need to wait at night to adjust it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Very nice!!! The Halo's light up nicely during the day.

How do they work with the high beams? Maybe some
night time pix with lo and hi beams!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the controller is not working, so right now only the driver side has the high-lo beam fully operated. The place I got from said they will sent me another controller, so i will have a fully operate hi-lo beam.

See the picture below of my driverside high and low beam comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Finally took some picture of my headlights.. so far so good.. I still need to wait at night to adjust it.
They look great!

Can't wait to see more of your pics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
looks great, probably the only 2nd gen SC with the projectors! so when you say bi-xenon, theres a cut-off shield that is inside that tiny thing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments guys..

My car is dirty.. and waiting to have a not so hot weekend to have my car wash and wax.. then I can take some pictures:grin:

As for the hi-beam. the projector had a solenoid inside to control the cutoff shield. So the bulb actually is on all the time, no matter hi or low beam.

Hon

·
Registered
556 Posts
those are the newer version of the projectors that i installed. looks great good job.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great post yicng! Glad to see that there is another 2010 SC just down the road. Im sure you have seen me on Bascomb Carmel ;) The lights look great im lookin into getting this kit....

http://www.xenonsupply.com/How-To-Guides/DIY-Video/diy-2006-honda-element.html

This kit is really easy to install and its super affordable. When we got our power inverter installed at Sound Sensations, i saw them selling this same kit for $180.00 installed. I was like WOOW.

Your lucky you had the set up from the 07 SC really look good!!! Hope we run into each other soon. If you seem me flag me down. Even if its my father in the car, he LOVES TALKIN ABOUT THE ELEMENT. We got some other cool toys too. Just not the time to work on them.

GREAT POST AGAIN...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Bi-Xenon kit in the OEM headlight

Looks awesome, no scatter or problems towards oncoming drivers

I was completely against putting HID in non-projector headlights, since I have the Z with OEM HID, but if you go with the Bi-Xenon you get the high and low beams, as well as the bulb protector that prevents the scatter associated with HID in OEM fixtures.

Bought the whole kit on ebay for $70 and took less than an hour for what I consider my best looking install yet. Definitely suggest HID in the E

1 - 17 of 17 Posts