Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
sprocket_old_boy said:
From what i've heard, Shiner is only available in Texas. I could be wrong though... wouldn't be the first time ;)
Dang! Bringing a case across the state line is not a good thing is it? I think I remember something like that being illegal, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Grivas said:
Dang! Bringing a case across the state line is not a good thing is it? I think I remember something like that being illegal, right?
Shiner is available in most grocery stores outside of Texas now...I know it's here in Virginia...which is a good thing (I love Shiner Bock)....now if they just made Celis available outside of Texas, or here anyway, I'd be a happy man:D

I think it's only "illegal" to transport across state lines if it's in a quantity large enough for them to consider "intent to distribute". Kind of like Cigarettes...it's legal to take those across state lines, unless you're transporting a cargo full without a permit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Dave_C said:
Shiner is available in most grocery stores outside of Texas now...I know it's here in Virginia...which is a good thing (I love Shiner Bock)....now if they just made Celis available outside of Texas, or here anyway, I'd be a happy man:D

I think it's only "illegal" to transport across state lines if it's in a quantity large enough for them to consider "intent to distribute". Kind of like Cigarettes...it's legal to take those across state lines, unless you're transporting a cargo full without a permit.
Kewl. I am sure I will survive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
Dave_C said:
Shiner is available in most grocery stores outside of Texas now...I know it's here in Virginia...which is a good thing (I love Shiner Bock)....now if they just made Celis available outside of Texas, or here anyway, I'd be a happy man:D

I think it's only "illegal" to transport across state lines if it's in a quantity large enough for them to consider "intent to distribute". Kind of like Cigarettes...it's legal to take those across state lines, unless you're transporting a cargo full without a permit.
I guess it's a good thing I'm just an ignorant Canadian, and not familiar with different State laws.
Makes it easy to say, with a straight face "Sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't bring 10 cases with me....?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,275 Posts
It's not polite to refuse whatever Tim Vance and the lovely Ms. Vance offer! (I speak from critical experience.) My kid and I were grateful they still had anything left to offer us at all, considering the lateness of our arrival the first evening last year! :wink:

OH! And guess what? I found that baseball glove oil in one of the rear door compartments just the other day!! :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
hownowcb said:
OH! And guess what? I found that baseball glove oil in one of the rear door compartments just the other day!! :shock:
uumm? I know I'm getting old, and my memory is slipping.... but glove oil? Was this something we discussed, used, or were looking for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,275 Posts
I think Carlie found it lying in the grass, and there were many rude remarks made about it. I had no memory of it the next morning, and when (with much prodding) I did dimly recall it, I had no clue what became of it. So...just one tiny mystery solved, was all. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
Hey guys, glad your having fun. I want to hear details about THE BIG E-VENT.
I can get crazy and run around with anyone, but I gotta convince Mrs IRV. So be nice, okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Tom and Larry are still working really hard on the details. I'm helping whereever I can and we should be able to post more details soon. There will definitely be lots of cool options for everyone! I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends from last year and making new ones!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,042 Posts
hownowcb said:
I think Carlie found it lying in the grass, and there were many rude remarks made about it. I had no memory of it the next morning, and when (with much prodding) I did dimly recall it, I had no clue what became of it. So...just one tiny mystery solved, was all. :roll:
Oh Colin how could you forget about your "special treasure" !!! :twisted:
Can't wait to see what "treasures" are found this year :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,020 Posts
hownowcb said:
I think Carlie found it lying in the grass, and there were many rude remarks made about it. I had no memory of it the next morning, and when (with much prodding) I did dimly recall it, I had no clue what became of it. So...just one tiny mystery solved, was all. :roll:
I did not find it in the grass!! YOU DID!!! I had my own oil...........yeah you missed that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm definitely planning on coming to the 2006 meet. However, as a rookie Element owner, I have no background info on how these things are done.

First and foremost on my mind: is this a kid-friendly weekend? My son is eight and like me, loves our new Element. He's already talked about coming with me, but I don't want to promise him anything if this'll be beer-kegging, mud-wrestling, adults-only type of fun.

Any input/feedback is appreciated!!!
~Jennifer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
BearBait said:
Hey everyone,

I'm definitely planning on coming to the 2006 meet. However, as a rookie Element owner, I have no background info on how these things are done.

First and foremost on my mind: is this a kid-friendly weekend? My son is eight and like me, loves our new Element. He's already talked about coming with me, but I don't want to promise him anything if this'll be beer-kegging, mud-wrestling, adults-only type of fun.

Any input/feedback is appreciated!!!
~Jennifer
Jennifer, last year there were a couple of kids. We don't plan this as a kid event, but kids are more than welcome. This is something we plan an an owner event and some owners happen to have kids. Does that make sense? lol

Yes, there is drinking and lots of fun. But the drinking and adult fun happens when the kids are asleep for the most part.

We will have things to do that your 8yr old will enjoy, don't worry about bringing him if he wants to come. I'm sure there will be other kids there as well.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Thanks, Larry! I'll probably try and schedule his summer camp around this trip, then, no sense interfering with my adult fun!

~Jennifer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
We were actually having a conversation about sitters earlier today, and figure that there has to be some way to arrange for the kids to be looked after while the adults play.....
Any volunteers to put the kids in 1 room or something, and hire a couple of the older kids to keep an eye on them????
 
41 - 60 of 110 Posts
Top