Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USfidelis is a large (300,000 customers) 3rd-party extended warranty company HQ'ed here in St. Louis. So it's probably likely that somebody on EOC has a USfidelis warranty on their E. Sadly, this company has been on the local news all week about big layoffs coupled with alleged financial excesses of top managers.

Tonight's story about USfidelis featured the Missouri state attorney general. He had to reserve comment about specifics in state and federal investigations of the company, but said outright that there was going to be big news in the next couple of weeks about extended warranty firms. He also volunteered the advice of "think twice" about purchasing 3rd-party extended warranties, that the industry was rife with "bad guys".

So I guess if you have a warranty from USfidelis or any of the other non-Honda service contract companies, hang on to your shorts, it's sounding like a rough ride ahead.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Mike I can attest to this. My wife Patty had an extended warranty sold to her from a Honda dealer. The company went belly up less than a year into the contract. The dealer is making good on the warranty, at his own expense. That took place do to the interaction of the Attorney Generals office. Several people filed claims, forcing them to act. Although we have had no need to file a claim, others tell us everything has been covered.

As for the Honda certified thing. I had that on my CRV. It worked for some things, and not others. Read your contract!

Dom

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on this. USFidelis closed their doors a couple weeks ago and charges against the owners for fraud and diversion of company assets are forthcoming. If you have a USFidelis extended warranty... oops. :oops:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had a 3rd party warranty on a Ford truck about 20 years ago and the trans went bad and the company went belly up. The dealer that sold me the warranty had to eat the trans cost as that was the law here back then but don't know it that is true now. Other words If anyone has one of those warranty's check with the dealership that sold it to you if you got it through one. And if you bought it directly.:-(

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Update on this. USFidelis closed their doors a couple weeks ago and charges against the owners for fraud and diversion of company assets are forthcoming. If you have a USFidelis extended warranty... oops. :oops:
Thanks for the heads-up Mike...! Keep up the good work man...!

LBD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts