Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide whether to get an '03 or '04.
I heard '04 will be comming in september. With the minor problems regarding windshield cracks, leaking rear side windows, strinage rattling noises... It is better to wait for a second year element vs first year model. Should I buy know or wait a month for the '04. Any suggestions?

Your input is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you find negotiating unpleasant and end up paying near list when you buy stuff, get the 2004. The 2003 should be going for invoice.?

Also look at the the differecne in used bluebook prices (online) for cars that changed model years about 4 years ago... Edmunds is a good start. Type in identical milages for say a Forrester from its first year and the year after. The resale value for these two cars with identical milage will be different by some amount. Is this amount more or less than what you would get the dealer to take off the 2003 Element? If it is more, get the 2004. If it is less, get the 2003?

Hope this has been helpful.

Ed

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would say if you want to save money go get a 2003 :roll: im pretty sure they will be going on sale anytime now so you can get a nice 4wd EX model and bargin them down...

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:eb4a2704fc="Ed"]The 2003 should be going for invoice.?[/quote:eb4a2704fc]

Your lips to the South Florida dealer's ears! They are going for $1,100 over invoice down here. :roll:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Compared a 98 Subaru Forrester with a 99 Forrester on edmunds for trade, private party and dealer retail pricing difference. Both were clean, white and with 50,000 miles.

The 99 resale value averaged $1200 higher. This is for identical cars that could have been purchased on the same day.

If the dealer will not take more than $1200 off list for a 2003 buy the 2004.

Ed

Thanks for telling me about dealer inflexibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts