Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized I never posted about my accident. My big silver box was in an accident a couple of weeks ago and is now currently at the shop getting fixed.

I was driving home a couple of weeks back on a Friday night. As I drove by a side street on my left, a girl in a Nissan Sentra drives out of the street and tried to turn left unto my street without stopping at the end of the street. Unfortunately for me, I was on the place where she wanted to be and was hit on the driver's side.

Both of my doors are damaged. All plastic trims in that area will need to be replaced. My left rear wheel was damaged. She also managed to bend and tear off my sidestep.

Here is the funny part. She said she did not see me. Uh? WHAT???!!! So I very politely asked her: "I have a big bright silver box!! How can you *censored* not see that?! Look at it!! It's a *censored* silver box on wheels!! And it was right in front of you! How the *censored* could you have NOT seen THAT?!" :mad:

That MIGHT have been the reason why she was so shaken up that she couldn't composed herself enough to get her license and reg info out. I decided to call 911 to get someone over there. :rolleyes: LOL :D

Oh, and yes, she WAS on the cellphone. She was talking to her friend whom she had just dropped off at an apartment building down that side street. The friend came out to the scene while we were waiting for the police.

So on to the pics!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda element Honda

Vehicle Vehicle door Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Snuffy, sorry to hear (see that). Cell phones are banned in most European countries and there is a reason why!

Good luck with all the repairs! :)

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Yo Snuf: That sucks, man. You handled it a lot more discreetly than I would. Good luck with the fix-up and watch out for those cell phone users while driving idiots!!:x

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've got a crazy idea-----put a light beacon on top of cars. When a driver is on the cell phone, it lights up to warn you of the inattentive driver.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Silver is absolutely an invisible color. It's the hardest car color to see out of all of them during the day.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Silver is absolutely an invisible color. It's the hardest car color to see out of all of them during the day.
I could agree with you when it's on the Highway and you look into the back mirror and the car has no light on, so it blends with the road. But when it sits infront of you... She was just a .......... (fill in as appropriate)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I could agree with you when it's on the Highway and you look into the back mirror and the car has no light on, so it blends with the road. But when it sits infront of you... She was just a .......... (fill in as appropriate)
People think it may be the color white(not really a color)but it isn't

White cars reflect color and "white" also creates vivid shadows around the curves/design of a structure such as a car.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
SNUFF!!!!
How the H*() can you have FORGOTTEN to tell US!???!!:confused:

geez....I thought we were, like FAMILY!!!!????!!!!!:-(

(is that a little heavy on the guilt?)

Glad you're OK!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, I know how much that can stink. You did the right thing by getting a cop there. When I was 16 or 17 I was rear ended by a cops wife. She got off with a verbal warning and the cops always look out for their own (I just call it like it is), and the cope walked over to my car, popped the bumper cover back into its groove, and basically sent me on my way saying, "You're fine, there's no damage." I didn't find out until the following winter that she had cracked a seam in the trunk which allowed water on the road to basically pour into my trunk. But there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it since they never issued her a ticket and there was no report written for the incident. I'm still angry about that because if I as the 17 year old had hit her in exactly the same circumstances, you KNOW that I would have had my butt in a sling so fast it would make my head spin.

One last thought on your situation... next time, get SOP, or TM. They REALLY stand out in a crowd. :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I wondered when I saw another post of yours earlier today . . . guess you were just too distraught to talk (and I can give you the name of a good injury attorney and he's not BigAl's!);-):rolleyes::razz:

Seriously, glad to hear you are ok and your vehicle is on its way to recovery. Looks like the side steps possibly may have prevented worse damage, after all. And I would have loved to be there when you were reading her the riot act!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident -very glad no one was hurt. It still hurts inside though, doesn't it? Makes one feel somehow violated. I was almost side-swiped by a fool in a Tahoe just the other day = the zombie was TEXTING!
There ought to be a law- a law that allows us to disable their cars!

Good luck on the repairs, hope all turns out well.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
there are definitely days when i feel i am invisible, too.
people drift in front of me on the highway, or take turns in front out of side streets when there is no one behind me!.
wtf??
glad you are ok, snuf!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
If the side step did absorb some of the impact as some seem to be suggesting, that is not necessarily a good thing. It could have bent the frame and caused more damage than if you didn't have them. Hopefully they inspected what they were attached too.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I've got a crazy idea-----put a light beacon on top of cars. When a driver is on the cell phone, it lights up to warn you of the inattentive driver.:rolleyes:

No that's not a good Idea!!

They need to wire the seats with a 20,000 volt system that discharges into the drivers a$$ when they text or use the cell phone!

I got to see Snuff's E just a few days after he got hit. It looks like she climbed up the side step with the tire! It looked like the side step bracket broke. I was worried that she had bent the frame. It did not look like she did. The E is stronger than it looks.

Dom

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaam Snuff that sucks.:-(

I've been hit twice by people on cell phones. After the first I made sure to tell the police that they were yakkin instead of driving. I hope at least she was getting some juicy gossip or something. Ooh I know, it was her brain surgeon and her transplant was ready. She obviously lacks the processing power to speak and drive at the same time.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Oh my poor Snuffie! Want me to punch her in the face?

·
Registered
662 Posts
[QUOTE

Ooh I know, it was her brain surgeon and her transplant was ready. She obviously lacks the processing power to speak and drive at the same time.[/QUOTE]

That's funny:lol:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Oh my poor Snuffie! Want me to punch her in the face?
:lol::lol:

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

I'm packing my bags now! Just don't start until I get there!!! Oh, fugit I don't need clean clothes, I'm leaving now!!!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts