Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of our birthdays are in early November so we decided to have a meet either late October or early November. The mid-way point for both of us is the Johnson City, TN area. Is there any points of interest there or could anybody suggest another spot in the area to have a get-together for everybody? It's gotta be a big bash if the both of us are in the same place at the same time. :D

P.S. presents are welcome as well :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was going to try to go up to our cabin in cashers NC. in early oct to see my parents, now you got me wondering also.pondering time!!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to try to go up to our cabin in cashers NC. in early oct to see my parents, now you got me wondering also.pondering time!!!
Drive thru B-ham and we can convoy. ( just don't let JoAnn drive;-))

·
Registered
258 Posts
There are a lot of nice places around here. That is leaf time around here. Maybe a drive and eat somewhere. We did he tunnels on the parkway last year and it was a blast.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Is Winston-Salem any better?

Things to do in W-S click here

I've never been to either area--Johnson City, TN or Winston-Salem, NC. -g

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
What's there to do in Charlotte?

Another midway point is Charlotte, NC. I've never been there either (well to the airport to switch planes or layover).

Tell us, what is fun and special to do in or around Charlotte?

Charlotte, NC:
More than just the nation's second largest financial center, ...Prevention Magazine recently named the Queen City the best “Walking City” in North Carolina. Self Magazine also named Charlotte one of “Five Cities with Big Outdoor Appeal” for features like its Public Art Walking Tour, accessible museums such as the Mint Museum of Craft + Design, and nearby outdoor excursions like the U.S. National Whitewater Center.

P.S. I don't whitewater, kayak yes...whitewater NO!

Bigal = 6 hrs 24 mins
gisele = 7 hrs 5 mins

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ive been to charlotte but only to the races.racecar museem,camping alittle north at dukepower,resivor.not much help there.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another midway point is Charlotte, NC. I've never been there either (well to the airport to switch planes or layover).

Tell us, what is fun and special to do in or around Charlotte?

Charlotte, NC:
More than just the nation's second largest financial center, ...Prevention Magazine recently named the Queen City the best “Walking City” in North Carolina. Self Magazine also named Charlotte one of “Five Cities with Big Outdoor Appeal” for features like its Public Art Walking Tour, accessible museums such as the Mint Museum of Craft + Design, and nearby outdoor excursions like the U.S. National Whitewater Center.

P.S. I don't whitewater, kayak yes...whitewater NO!

Bigal = 6 hrs 24 mins
gisele = 7 hrs 5 mins
Charlotte sounds good to me or anything in the area. I'm open to anything...not including dogs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
730 Posts
All three areas mentioned are good spots. If you want to have a view and less headache with traffic then go with Johnson City, TN rather than Winston or Charlotte. Just matters what type of activities you want to do.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
All three areas mentioned are good spots. If you want to have a view and less headache with traffic then go with Johnson City, TN rather than Winston or Charlotte. Just matters what type of activities you want to do.

LoL True!

Last time I was in Johnson city at rush hour, there were 7 cars on the road.

Pretty area ... Explore Roan mountain area .

Dom

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Well, I guess that's what we are asking--what is there to do? Sites, activities, etc. Things that the area(s) is known for???

LoL True!

Last time I was in Johnson city at rush hour, there were 7 cars on the road.

Pretty area ... Explore Roan mountain area .

Dom
Thanks Doom. This looks wonderful. And dog drool there is camping. Now to find the B & Bs...

-g

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Has anybody tried out Carowinds in Charlotte?
Think of Carolwinds as spending all day outside, on your feet, in the heat and humidity that makes the area famous... :rolleyes: Not to mention the obnoxious teenagers and crying babies... ;-)

All three areas mentioned are good spots. If you want to have a view and less headache with traffic then go with Johnson City, TN rather than Winston or Charlotte.
I would positively go with Johnson City or the surrounding area (mountains NC/TN/VA/GA) - that would be more relaxing than either Charlotte or Winston-Salem.. But, again it's more in what you're wanting to do. If you're looking for peace and quite, and a chance to socialize, the mountains will win hands down, if you're looking more toward 'nightlife' then you aught to go with Charlotte or Winston-Salem.

not including dogs
:x (I would use the one with his tongue sticking out if I had it)

The mid-way point for both of us is the Johnson City, TN area. ... It's gotta be a big bash if the both of us are in the same place at the same time.
We should touch base with the guys over in that area, say from Bristol on down to Asheville and everywhere between - beautiful section of land there, and there's a lot going on too. If you're looking for 'excitement' then look toward Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge, hey who doesn't want to see DollyWorld? :???:

Honestly there are a thousand and one (OK, maybe two...) places in the general area, it all depends on what you're wanting to do....

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Thanks Benny for providing some insight into the areas that have been mentioned. Doesn't sound like there is anything special in Charlotte or Winston-Salem: mansions, architecture (ie. Biltmore estate), gardens (ie. Longwood Gardens), or special attractions or unique sightseeing.

Fall is my favorite season, it sounds like colors will still be plentiful down that way in late Oct/early Nov. So Johnson City area or the Cherokee National Forest seem perfect. I, of course, will bring my bike and hope to get some good riding in.

-g

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
may I suggest Kansas City?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your geography is just a bit messed up, I might say :D;-)
That ain't the only thing messed up...

Thanks Benny for providing some insight into the areas that have been mentioned. Doesn't sound like there is anything special in Charlotte or Winston-Salem: mansions, architecture (ie. Biltmore estate), gardens (ie. Longwood Gardens), or special attractions or unique sightseeing.

Fall is my favorite season, it sounds like colors will still be plentiful down that way in late Oct/early Nov. So Johnson City area or the Cherokee National Forest seem perfect. I, of course, will bring my bike and hope to get some good riding in.

-g
So how about Johnson City area November 7?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts