Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered/used the bike rack? I would prefer a Yakima tower and bar system, but they say it will be October until the engineering is done.

I am especially interested in stability and security. Is it lockable to both the rack system and the bike, can the rack system be removed easily?

I have invested a lot of money in our (my wife and I) bicycles, and I am deciding on a roof rack if any!

My Sunset Orange Pearl E arrives tomorrow!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Has anyone ordered/used the bike rack? I would prefer a Yakima tower and bar system, but they say it will be October until the engineering is done.
What ever rack system Yakima uses for the CRV (01 - 03) will fit the element.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update for all you who are interested in bike racks.

Although the Yakima may indeed work, they will not guarantee it. Their reps say it is not scheduled to be released until October.

Thule, on the other hand, will guarantee fit, and there is a post somewhere on these boards showing a step by step installation on the E.

After much research, I have determined they are about the same in price and quality for the high end eqipment. (Only the best for my E!) so I am going with Thule.

For a full set of mounting kits, footings, load bars, and two bike mounts (one fork and one upright) all lockable and the wind shield in front (for noise reduction and gas mileage) you will get set back about $600 all told.

Hope this info helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts