Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wondering if this rack set is any good?

http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/BikeCarriers/RoofCarriers/220648.aspx

because i like it and the price is about right if i buy it from rei with my membership.

but i also like the rocky mountain racks.

http://www.rockymounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1012

Like these ones alot but the price difference is around 100 bucks.

should i dish out the extra hundred.

or just buy a Rola rack and put the luggage on top and the bikes inside.

thanks Garrett

·
Registered
816 Posts
Check out EOC sponsor ORS Racks Direct.

We have the Rocky Mounts Tandem T4 roof rack, which we got from ORS Racks direct and am very pleased. Also have the Thule T2 hitch rack which we also got from ORS Racks direct. My recommendation is if you are going to carry your bikes on the roof, replace your OEM rack with either Thule or Yak load bars, else opt for your alternate of carry the bikes inside.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the Rocky Mounts Tandem T4 roof rack, which we got from ORS Racks direct and am very pleased. Also have the Thule T2 hitch rack which we also got from ORS Racks direct. My recommendation is if you are going to carry your bikes on the roof, replace your OEM rack with either Thule or Yak load bars, else opt for your alternate of carry the bikes inside.
i would but i am trying to get the bikes and stuff home at a low cost and still have the stuff that i can use later in the future. I dont see the point in getting a different rack when i have one. Unless someone is willing to trade then i probly wont get a different rack. so if i dont change racks then you think getting the Rola rack would be the best and shove the bikes inside?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i ended up buying swagman racks from overstock.com they are amazing worked like a charm super stable bolted right up.

o and it looks like the back of my e is lowered but it isnt thats just do to like the 1000lb + of crap i had back there moving me and my girlfriend back down to socal. got great gas milage to with it all 20 mpg not bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts