Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will-

I am looking to buy an EX 4WD and am interested in hauling two bikes around in my Element. What do I need to fit two bikes standing up inside the car? (as in brochure) Is there a special part that achieves this? Or would it be better to just get a bike rack for the roof?

Thank you,

Bob

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm interested in this, too. The only thing I saw online was a part to hold ONE bike inside.

Unless I can teach my E to kneel, I'm not gonna be tossing to mtn bikes on top of it. :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Two bikes will fit without taking off the front wheel. You do have to angle the front wheels a bit to close the hatch depending on how far back you seats are. I bungee mine to the hanging seat. If you want there is a post that discribes mounting up to four claws on to a 2x4 this allows you to carry four bikes with the front wheels off. The honda rack mount in the middle of the spare tire cover. Buy building your own rack you can move it up a bit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can make your own mount cheap by purchasing Fork mounts from Performance Bicycles.

See attached image. I can't fit my bike without taking the wheel of so this is a good cheap option. The are screwed into a 2x6 board.

- CK
MyElementOnline.Com

·
Registered
82 Posts
[quote:d5e2bcb236="boneheadz"]very nice job ckole, what do you ride?[/quote:d5e2bcb236]

Mine is kinda old it is a Kona Muni Mula, notice the extremely long seat post. I am 6' 5" and it is hard to find large frames. My wifes is a Rocky Mountain. I forget which model. She had a Kona as well before it was ripped off out of our garage in Dec. Pathetic. You would think stuff is safe in your own home. Well think again. We don't ride enough but are hoping the Element will take us to places so we can ride more.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice to see a couple of canadian bike in AZ. I am riding a Kona Nunu. Fits so good in my element that I leave it there most of the time. I envy you locations. I was ride in Utah last summer, (Moab and Torry) I plan to ride in AZ next summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi! I 'm also trying to find a way to transport my bike inside the element. If you attach the bike with the fork mount, how do you keep the back end of the bike from moving around the vehicle?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is nice to see the Canadian Bikes being rode south of the border. I have a 4yr old Rocky Mountain Oxygen Race decked out with Race Face parts. I love the Kona's as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
[quote:f0745db714="tig2003"]Hi! I 'm also trying to find a way to transport my bike inside the element. If you attach the bike with the fork mount, how do you keep the back end of the bike from moving around the vehicle?[/quote:f0745db714]

You can always bungee them in but mine just don't seem to move at all. All it would take is one long bungee cord or fast strap. I tried this at first but it doesn't seem to be necessary.

- CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts