Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
It looks good and should provide you with better reception. One question, exactly which model is yours.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Nice close-ups, but can we get one where you see the Element so we can see what it looks like as a whole

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It looks good and should provide you with better reception. One question, exactly which model is yours.
actually lengthening the antenna doesnt change reception unless it is done at equal portions of the std 33" wave length that FM antennas are. the fact that the antenna in the truck is amplified and the antenna is aprox 6.6" (1/5 of the 33" std antenna) makes this more of a cosmetic mod than an actually functional one. now fully extended at 11" is fine, but i doubt you will actually get better reception with it. interested to see if you do though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I installed a BMW fuba antenna, and it greatly improves FM reception out in the boonies here in Alberta. I just assumed the South Coast would do the same.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually lengthening the antenna doesnt change reception unless it is done at equal portions of the std 33" wave length that FM antennas are. the fact that the antenna in the truck is amplified and the antenna is aprox 6.6" (1/5 of the 33" std antenna) makes this more of a cosmetic mod than an actually functional one. now fully extended at 11" is fine, but i doubt you will actually get better reception with it. interested to see if you do though.
yeah reception never changed even with it at 11" its still the same as at 4"
so basically its just a cosmetic upgrade.
but then again i could be crazy because i had xm for 7 months untill they refused to switch radios. so i canceled (get phone calls almost everyday to say they miss me and try to get me back, but they wont take my offers haha)
:lol:

and i will try to take new pics tomorrow if my job gives me a day off.:x

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
and dont get me wrong, it looks good when it is shoved in. my antenna is a little "bent" back so this might be a good thing to replace it with, and i dont listen to regular radio anyway so reception at the shortened length is not a prob.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pics as requested

i couldn't get to far away due to the fact the antenna wouldn't show up in any of the pics. also i didn't want to waste my whole lunch on taking pictures of my car.
and i cant upload them on the site because my computer is being stupid and will not re-size any of the pictures.

so i added them to my old photo bucket account

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/LIGHTCRAZY456/element/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts