Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few vehicles that I've owned have been either offroaded quite hard or raced quite hard. :D In both instances Bilstein shocks were highly recomended.
I just checked out their website and found that they made replacment shocks for the CR-V but not the Element. It was my understanding that the CR-V and Element were mechanicaly identical? If this is the case then the shocks should be interchangable too...right? Or am I just way off.. (wouldn't be the first time) :)
Any info would be great...thanks

·
Moderator Eh?
12,107 Posts
The last few vehicles that I've owned have been either offroaded quite hard or raced quite hard. :D In both instances Bilstein shocks were highly recomended.
I just checked out their website and found that they made replacment shocks for the CR-V but not the Element. It was my understanding that the CR-V and Element were mechanicaly identical? If this is the case then the shocks should be interchangable too...right? Or am I just way off.. (wouldn't be the first time) :)
Any info would be great...thanks

Mechanically similar yes......Identical no.

Some parts may mix and match. But by Oem part numbers the suspension parts for a CRV and E are different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been researching as well. There are dozens of threads on here, and other websites, covering this topic in great detail.
Few strut manufacturers available. Kyb being the best option. Tons of spring options from swift springs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's my understanding that the rear crv shocks actually raise the rear of elements, as they are taller.
If you want to raise the rear of your element, might not be an issue...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Both the Element and the CR-V were based off of the Accord, just like the HR-V was based off of the Civic. It doesn't mean the parts are interchangeable - just that the designs were reused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts