Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's that I always wanted a VW bus and never had one. Perhaps it's because I'm a bit of a hippy, but I just had to have flowerd curtains. I couldn't bear to hang a black curtain in my 1 week old sunset Orange AWD E. I went down to the fabric store and bought 9 yards of orange flowered fabric 40'' wide, prefolded as fabric is it fit just right at 20" high (18 finished after the seam), enough velcro for 7 "hooks", bendable plastic template (for the 10 tabs), and extra-wide doublefold bias tape for reinforcement. After 5 hours work I have a lovely curtain that lets the sunshine in! If I can figure out how to post a picture I will do so when I get done. What Fun! I will be in Marin this month and try it out for the fist time. I just keep smilin. Patty Lovechild

I previously posted under esessories then realized this to be a more appripriate place. Ripples....

·
Registered
150 Posts
This hippy says thumbs up - looking foward to pix! :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It sounds very cool!

Tom (TMac) just posted a stickey in the Image Gallery Forum on how to post pictures!

Look forward to seeing the pictures!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Curtains sound sweet. Thanks for tossing tin the measurements too :) I might have to go get some fabric soon. Hope we get to see some sweet flower curtain pics soon.
:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to post pic but can't figure it out. I have them ready and waiting.

If you do the curtains, which I highly recommend, you can hang 1 3/4 in biner clips, (like the fake mountain climbing clips) from the rear top tie downs and this makes getting the velcro through a snap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Elee, you need to scan them and host them on a web site or server. then you can post a link or use the

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I think I may have the pic figured. THANK YOU :D So Soon pictures....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
follow the link to see how the curtains look in the element. If anyone is sewing some, use the install downloadabel install guide from the privacy curtain. You'll get the general idea of where the velcro and plasic tabs need to be. Also you'll notice that it is a two piece curtain. Hope this link works....

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=482761

1 - 9 of 9 Posts