Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today being a holiday, I decided to paint the housing in my headlights black. I like the look of it much better than the chrome look. I browsed through all of the threads regarding this but I mostly stuck with E-Ride's write up which can be found Here. As I was doing this, I noticed my AC condensor and how beat up it was. I was shocked to see the condition of it. When I showed it to my dad, I told him about the HD Grill Guard and he wants to do it for his Nissan Truck. So I posted pics of the finished product and my AC condensor. I guess what point I am trying to make is do the HD mod if not done yet. I waited 11 months after owning my element and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I put it on in April.

I used Permatex CLear Silicon adhesive sealant. It worked pretty good. The real test will be when I wash my car or it rains. I also used a flat black spray paint instead of glossy black- but don't know if there is a difference.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I reheated the sealant that was already there, and then put a bead of silicone on the outside.

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Issues?

IM thinking of doing this MOD but am hesitant. when you take it out and put it back in, do you have to do some adjustment to the light direction setting? thnx...any opinion....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IM thinking of doing this MOD but am hesitant. when you take it out and put it back in, do you have to do some adjustment to the light direction setting? thnx...any opinion....
I didn't. It is my understanding and someone correct me if I am wrong, that just as long you don't adjust the screw/bolt (marked by the orange circle) and not forcing parts that shouldn't be moved:rolleyes: and you should be fine. I just took my time taking it apart. I had to reheat it a couple of times before I got it apart.

However, the parts marked by yellow circles can be removed before heating it up. Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
:lol:
This is the Perfect Mod !
I NEEEEED THISS FOR DEEZNUTS!
My car is all blacked out all i need is that paint job...
...Only Problem is.... its a 2009! HeadLights are diff. plus i wouldent even know were to begin to disassemble!!

:-( no!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd love to NOT do this mod, I rather PAY someone to do it for me. lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd love to NOT do this mod, I rather PAY someone to do it for me. lol
i paid someone to do it, i was getting the speakers upgraded in my car and led lights in my car, so i went ahead and paid him extra to do it.
but then again they specialize in all custom auto stuff.
the only bad thing was i didnt have my car for a day =[

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was quite nervous to do it, but then I decided if I messed up on it, I would just buy them so either way, I was going to get them. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts