Honda Element Owners Club banner

Black tail lights???

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Eww-an E 
That's so funny that this i came across this thread today....i just tinted my til lights a few days ago....I've done it on all my cars, but not as drastic as I did on my E.....I wanted the lights black as black can be...lol Night Shades is the best and most cost effective way to go. The can is about 10 bucks....Can of clear coat is about 7 bucks. I used 2000 grit sand paper (very very lightly) to scuff the surface up. Then wiped everything down with a damp LINT FREE towel. Then wiped the lights off with rubbing alcohol to remove an finger prints, grease, or oils.... Lightly sparyed 4 seperate coats allowing 20 min of drying time between coats. Then used one coat of automotive grade clear coat. ****you have to be very light and even on your clear coat application**** Let every thing dry overnight in an area that has no dust in the air and reinstall the next morning! :) Here's what mine turned out like: (sorry about the crappy pics---->taken with camera phone :|)
LIGHTS OFF

LIGHTS ON

Thanks for the compliments guys :) I wasn't too sure about the darkness of the tail lights....at first I thought that I put one coat too many....because it's really black as you can see, but everyone seems to really like it so i guess it worked out. Matches with the rear glass i guess :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.