Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi , Goodaggie or anyone else I The forum that reads this post . I have a 2003 Element , I’m the original Owner , 450,000 . A great car !! I firmly believe that I also have have the same problem that Goodaggie member is describing on point # (3) the acuator that directs the Air hot or cold to the various vents . Where is this # (3) actuator with the troublesome gears located ? Did you end up fixing it ? Or have a mechanic fix it ? Thanks I’ll wait for your reply Goodaggie or anyone else’s for that matter . Thank you , David M. New member .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi , Goodaggie or anyone else on the forum that reads this post . I have a 2003 Element ex , I’m the original Owner , 450,000 miles, A great car !! I firmly believe that I also have the same problem that Goodaggie member is describing on his point # (3)- the acuator that is responsible for directing the Air hot or cold to the various vents . Where is this # (3) actuator with the troublesome gears located ? Did you end up fixing it , or have a mechanic fix it ? Thanks , I’ll wait for your reply Goodaggie or anyone else’s for that matter . Thank you , David M. New member .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,
I think I have dealt with both of the issues you are facing.

First off, the motor that directs which vents the air comes out of. This motor has nothing to do with how much air is blowing or if it is cold or hot but simply which vents the air is blowing out of. If for example, you are getting air at your face but not at your feet, read on. This motor is behind the glovebox in an almost impossible to get to spot. I spent hours AND HOURS replacing mine and it made no difference. The problem actually ended up being the knob on the HVAC that was bad. I ordered a new one on ebay for $40 and that fixed that issue. Here's a post on my IG with some more pics & videos:
http://instagr.am/p/BvNkLJGAIvg/
Now, as for the hot/cold motor. This motor I believe is near the gas pedal. I am currently having an issue where I have to manually move the cable under the hood in order to switch from hot and cold. When I have some more time, I plan to look into this issue more but for now, I don't mind opening the hood & moving the cable. I've attached a photo of the cable. It looks like a bicycle brake cable in some white housing on my 2005.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any clarification.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Hondacanyonero ! For your info. regarding this issue of losing control of the air direction . I will certainly look into this on my E . I will post my findings as well on this issue for members that do or will have this problem . David M. Also thanks for the movies very helpful !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good luck! Let me know if you figure out the culprit. I might try & climb under there over the christmas break to see if I can fix it but I seem to recall its an an awkward spot. I've been dealing with some bigger issues & honestly just hope I can make it to 2020 without anymore hangups.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts