Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check the halos the other night to see what they looked like at night and they werent on! So I tried roughing up the connections a little (just unplugged and plugged back into switch a few times) and still nothing. Moved the connection on the 3 way toggle over to the fog light side (fogs work) and still nothing.

I will hopefully have sometime to check things tomorrow but until then any ideas? The 3 way toggle switch seems to be fine.

ALSO I am glad no one thought I was trying to stealing the car being I was messing under the dash with wires and a flashlight! :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did ya grease em?

I have been preaching about dielectric grease and how important it is to grease the bulb connections before you plug them in. I learned this a few years back when my HI bulbs were burning out (3 within a month) and the parts store guy told me that if you grease the blades you will be fine and he was right.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I Forgot

I forgot to mention that both have stopped working and it has been installed like 1 week MAYBE 1.5 weeks. All new install, everything ran for fogs 100% new (1-1.5 weeks ago new).

and no grease

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found a picture of what the halos should look like when working correctly.

Mine were never that bright! Mine were more like a very soft glow. I might have got a defective pair. I'll let you know once I run a few tests later today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts