Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to post this in-line, but it may not animate. If it doesn't, feel free to click on this link instead: http://images.fbrtech.com/tora/trip/wildflower/carrizo-e.gif

This was taken yesterday (Sunday) as I was driving through the Carrizo Plains National Monument. It's right along the San Andreas fault, between Taft and Santa Barbera, if I've got it right. Once again (like my Yosemite trip) I took the E on some offroading that I was honestly not sure it would make -- but it performed like a total champ. It got pretty wicked-muddy.

This particular picture is in the valley 3 mi NW of the fault along the southern edge of Carrizo. It's only reachable by some steep two-track (the poor E nearly bottomed out on vegetation in a few places) over the hills, and then this nice flat (but muddy) normal dirt road down the middle. When we stopped a storm was rushing into the valley, like a white wall... I snapped these pictures as it rushed towards us, then climbed back in to outrun it and get back over the hill and back on the pavement.

I'd type more, but it's 3:30am and I need to rest. Later this week (as time permits) I'll post more E pics from that trip, as I have some from all over the desert and wildflower areas. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm really digging the Blue. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts