Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have an 03 or o4 element that navy blue with grey body panels but painted either black or blue to match the car wanted to see some pics before i spend the money....not that great at visualizing things...thanks

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
03 and 04 didn't have painted panels...
There are 2 shades of Blue in 03 - Eternal Blue Pearl, then it switched to Fiji Blue, which carried over into 04

I've dyed my panels black, but sure as heck won't paint them...
(I'll have to see if I can find some recent pics...)

I have to re-apply the dye each spring...winter is kinda tough on the panels here...

·
Registered
90 Posts
anybody have an 03 or o4 element that navy blue with grey body panels but painted either black or blue to match the car wanted to see some pics before i spend the money....not that great at visualizing things...thanks
I had an '05 Fiji Blue Element that had the gray panels and I painted them with the Krylon Fusion Satin Black paint and it looked awesome. I painted the panels in my garage so I know it can be done with no issues. I never had to repaint or touch-up anything after they were painted. Here is a link of some of the pictures that I took. http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51814&page=3

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That does look really good JJ!
I guess it really makes a difference where you live. I wouldn't try painting the panels up here...the cold weather and winter salt would play havoc with the paint. Although I've had decent results with the dye, mostly because the winter removes any traces of protectorant.

·
Registered
478 Posts
YO MT.Fiji ...ur whip looks great with that paint..did you sand it before you sprayed the krylon on?

and also...i wish you the very best and hope you get through it and power to you buddy!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't know that I'd sand those panels. They'd probably turn frosty, and when I painted my plastic bumpers satin black, I used a primer flex coat first, keeps it from peeling due to wind warpage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
YO MT.Fiji ...ur whip looks great with that paint..did you sand it before you sprayed the krylon on?

and also...i wish you the very best and hope you get through it and power to you buddy!!
Thank you SK8, I fight hard everyday...
Now, I did not sand the panels at all... The only thing I used was a rough rag and denautured alcohol to clean the panels and allowed them to dry. After the drying process I just painted the panels. The panels absorb the paint real well. I had gone through several car washes and power washes with no flaking or fading. Like I said before, if I were to do it again I probably would use the Krylon Fusion Flat Black instead of the Satin Black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts