Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Getting a new 09 E EX AWD in a few days and am wondering what is the best way to add bluetooth? Oregon is about to have a Hands free only law so this will be mandatory!

I don't want one of the clips that clip to the visor, I want something that integrates into the stereo and has a hands free button that you push and wallah you are talking! If it's better then I could just have the stereo head changed that adds bluetooth but I'm thinking that would be quite a bit more expensive.

What is working good for you E-ple? I'm no opposed to changing the head unit if there is a reasonable unit that gives more features, adds BT and is an easy plug and play application. I'm not going to change amps or speakers or anything but DVD or GPS would be nice.

I look forward to your recommendations!:D

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Parrot (I believe that's the name) has several intriguing options that are "fairly" easy to integrate into a car. They are worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yeah unless you are getting an aftermarket radio with one or that accepts one of the plug ins for one then the parrots are the best ones out there hands down. Metra electronics makes harnesses that just plug inline withthe factory radio harness and you are done, no splicing or anything. think the model number is bt-1721

http://cgi.ebay.com/BT-1721-A-HONDA-TO-BLUETOOTH-HARNESS-LNG_W0QQitemZ260429322287QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca2cc182f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah unless you are getting an aftermarket radio with one or that accepts one of the plug ins for one then the parrots are the best ones out there hands down. Metra electronics makes harnesses that just plug inline withthe factory radio harness and you are done, no splicing or anything. think the model number is bt-1721

http://cgi.ebay.com/BT-1721-A-HONDA-TO-BLUETOOTH-HARNESS-LNG_W0QQitemZ260429322287QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca2cc182f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50
Yoda thanks for the link but it says this "NOTE: Not for use in factory amplified vehicles."

The EX has a factory amp so these won't work but maybe they have some that will work with an amp. I'll check into it. Thanks again.

I'm almost hope someone has a good head unit idea that will give me a backup camera or something?

·
Registered
315 Posts
just got the kenwood excelon DNX9140 to replace a McIntosh HU...

pricey, but it does damn near everything under the sun, and does it well.

IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts