Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for a hands free device for my car. The kind you clip to your visor and works thru you radio seems like the easiest. I'm also curious about the Motorola Bluetooth Hands-free Kit HF1000, it requires a little bit of installation, including a wiring harness adapter.

This is the description on Motorola's site: http://direct.motorola.com/ens/carkits/learn-IHF1000.html

I also found that the wiring harness is available online. The official site says 'professional installation required', but the availability of stuff needed to install it suggests a DIY possibility.
Has anyone done this, or have the expertise to advise?
I haven't found installation instructions online yet...

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have installed one into my work van and it is very easy

however

ive installed it very rough so i can take it out very easily - the only harness is from the brain to the speaker, mic and depending on your radio (radio interrupt or brown wire) just one wire . I like the separate speaker it is loud and clear and wont mess up your sound systems high end speakers ( unless you have factory speakers) .

it is not as hard as they say

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have installed one into my work van and it is very easy

however

ive installed it very rough so i can take it out very easily - the only harness is from the brain to the speaker, mic and depending on your radio (radio interrupt or brown wire) just one wire . I like the separate speaker it is loud and clear and wont mess up your sound systems high end speakers ( unless you have factory speakers) .

it is not as hard as they say
This unit is very easy to install. The install took me about 35 minutes. The most time consuming part was deciding on where to mount everything. I decided not to make the install permanent (just in case something better comes along or if this unit fails) so I used velcro to mount the control module and microphone in place. I zip tied the brain under the dash by the fuse panel. I also zip tied the speaker under the dash but on the passenger's side. I did not integrate the unit into the my E's stereo system because the speaker that comes with the system was loud and clear. Power was hooked by using a add-a-circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts