Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was only slightly disappointed when I found out that the navi system didn't come equipped with bluetooth capabilities so I thought I would try to get some options from all of you who have possibly filled that hole somehow. Looked in the other forum for mobile electronics but found mostly options for 2009 and below. Wasn't sure if any of them were compatible with 2010 models.

I don't want to replace the head unit for obvious reasons. I'd like to keep the navi system that came with my new toy. What options are out there that integrate well with the navi system?

Does anyone have the Honda HandsFreeLink and is that integrated with the navi head unit? Or does it only use it's own speaker and microphone? Any personal experience is greatly appreciated.

If not the HandsFreeLink, what other options are out there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My friend has the Parrot Bluetooth system in her Rav 4 and she likes it. I've been in the car when she's used it and it's pretty good. It plays through your car speakers and the mic attaches to your rear view mirror I believe.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have posted this many times so I'm sure many are sick of me saying this... but so many insist on getting the factory nav without bluetooth and other goodies. Honda dropped the ball on the nav unit imo. I am an advocate of the aftermarket hu's for more functionality at half the price. Love my Kenwood DNX8120.

I don't know of any way to add bluetooth options to the Honda unit but maybe others will chime in.

Just my .02 of course:roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ElementaryEd: Like I said, I was only slightly disappointed and it wasn't a selling point for me to have bluetooth hands free. I always have my jawbone I can use. I was just looking for the options that are out there in the event I'd like to ditch the jawbone and go the handsfree integrated into speakers route.

At any rate, your post comes a little late in the game for me. :) I've already purchased my E with navi and I really like the seamless integration. Thanks for the post, and your 2 cents, but it didn't help answer my question. LOL. :)

Thank you Sparrowhawk, I will take a look at that in the meantime.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The factory BT option for the element gets installed in the headliner above the driver's side sunvisor and has no integration with the navi. I didn't really like the install, so I passed on the option.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The factory BT option for the element gets installed in the headliner above the driver's side sunvisor and has no integration with the navi. I didn't really like the install, so I passed on the option.

I also didn't opt for it due to the $795.00 they wanted to install it. My friggin' nav unit won't recognise most of my commands anyway so IMO it is money well saved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use a BlueAnt Supertooth Lite hands-free speakerphone unit that clips to the visor. In a lot of ways I prefer it to the HFL in my Acura TL Tech.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry

ElementaryEd: Like I said, I was only slightly disappointed and it wasn't a selling point for me to have bluetooth hands free. I always have my jawbone I can use. I was just looking for the options that are out there in the event I'd like to ditch the jawbone and go the handsfree integrated into speakers route.

At any rate, your post comes a little late in the game for me. :) I've already purchased my E with navi and I really like the seamless integration. Thanks for the post, and your 2 cents, but it didn't help answer my question. LOL. :)

Thank you Sparrowhawk, I will take a look at that in the meantime.
Phluid13 you are absolutly correct. After reading my original post I realize it sounded pissy, was off topic and not helpful. I don't like when other people do this so I wanted to apologize for my post. This place is awesome and only want to make positive contributions to it. Hope you love your E and find a solution that works for you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just another idea. Go to your local car audio store. They may have a better option for you. I have seen a bluetooth system that they install into an existing outlet. Its a push button that turns on and works through your car stereo speakers. I have also seen a few other options. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a youtube video Ive seen that is about 30 mins long, it details the entire process of installing the handsfree bluetooth unit in the overhead compartment of an Element. I found it through a google search while I was trying to make the decision to buy it with the new car. Based on the video, I decided that I could do it myself later... If I still felt like spending $400 on just the unit itself.

I dont have time to track the video down myself right now. But maybe you'll have some luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts