Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife is the one who really wants Element. She is all into camping and stuff. Naturally she wants to leave the panels as is. On the lther hand, I know for a fact that I will be the one who takes care of the car. I think I can demand this much. I just personally don't like having plastic parts dominating the car. But, that orange color does look too "flashy" wiht body panels painted... I don't know....

·
Registered
28 Posts
it wasnt long before dealers began doing this to the E, im not going to say that i dont like it painted, but id still rather leave it the way they are, now that a chuck of the owners want this done, there will be few origianal Es left!

·
Registered
20 Posts
How about a totally PLASTIC E? Talk about Industrial looking! No more waxing 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I bought my E my girlfriend was looking at the painted panel E's they had on the lot. The sales manager who I was getting my car from told her no to get one as the paint job is rather sub-standard.

When we looked closely at the paint he was right, there were very visable waves in the paint and even though the color seemed to match, there still was a big difference between the metal and plastic panels.

The sales manager said that part of the problem was that to smooth down the panels the paint shop used a heat gun, which leave waves in the panels that show up with the paint.

If you really want painted panels, I would wait until some after market company comes out with ones that are purpose bulit and look better. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes out with painted metal panels that replace the plastic ones by bolting into the existing attachements.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:2bec017426="dracki"]How about a totally PLASTIC E? Talk about Industrial looking! No more waxing 8) [/quote:2bec017426]

Or an E that is entirely sprayed with Rhino liner (pickup bed liner). That would look strange (any photoshoppers want to show us?). No more door dinges to worry about.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have heard that when you paint an E plastic panel it looks good from a distance but has the wavy look of a plastic saturn.

Interested to hear from anyone with painted panels if they see this effect or not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since you buy the panels for about $40 each, and since they are relatively easy to replace, you could easily have a different set (e.g. painted) for each mood. Just change them out as you desire, you can even mix and match.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are they realy $40! Does anyone have a honda pn list of all the body panels, that will be cool when they come out with the all painted version, us 2003 E owners can buy painted panels for what sounds like under $500 and update our E and change back when the mood hits us.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great site, added it to my favorites so i can go back and look when i need it... wonder what they will charge for the painted panels when they come out (if they come out).

·
Registered
98 Posts
ill let everyone know when i get it back tommorow or tuesday. all i no is that they used a sander, and they sanded, primered, sanded, and primered again, so it should be absolutely smooth. im hopign that is the case. the car will be officially done soon, so ill keep you all posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.