Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has pics of Elements that has those plastic panels panited to match the body color?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, it has been done. Try running a search--there have been photos posted. I dealership in CA was painting some of the elements and selling them with the added option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did try the search.... with no luck...

I did find some pics from Hondasuv.com.

But, it still left out bottom panels and roof lining unpainted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i hate to see them like that... i like them unpainted, im guessing alot of ppl willl go for the painted look, so there might only be a few original Es out there:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife is the one who really wants Element. She is all into camping and stuff. Naturally she wants to leave the panels as is. On the lther hand, I know for a fact that I will be the one who takes care of the car. I think I can demand this much. I just personally don't like having plastic parts dominating the car. But, that orange color does look too "flashy" wiht body panels painted... I don't know....

·
Registered
28 Posts
it wasnt long before dealers began doing this to the E, im not going to say that i dont like it painted, but id still rather leave it the way they are, now that a chuck of the owners want this done, there will be few origianal Es left!

·
Registered
20 Posts
How about a totally PLASTIC E? Talk about Industrial looking! No more waxing 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I bought my E my girlfriend was looking at the painted panel E's they had on the lot. The sales manager who I was getting my car from told her no to get one as the paint job is rather sub-standard.

When we looked closely at the paint he was right, there were very visable waves in the paint and even though the color seemed to match, there still was a big difference between the metal and plastic panels.

The sales manager said that part of the problem was that to smooth down the panels the paint shop used a heat gun, which leave waves in the panels that show up with the paint.

If you really want painted panels, I would wait until some after market company comes out with ones that are purpose bulit and look better. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes out with painted metal panels that replace the plastic ones by bolting into the existing attachements.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:2bec017426="dracki"]How about a totally PLASTIC E? Talk about Industrial looking! No more waxing 8) [/quote:2bec017426]

Or an E that is entirely sprayed with Rhino liner (pickup bed liner). That would look strange (any photoshoppers want to show us?). No more door dinges to worry about.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have heard that when you paint an E plastic panel it looks good from a distance but has the wavy look of a plastic saturn.

Interested to hear from anyone with painted panels if they see this effect or not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since you buy the panels for about $40 each, and since they are relatively easy to replace, you could easily have a different set (e.g. painted) for each mood. Just change them out as you desire, you can even mix and match.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are they realy $40! Does anyone have a honda pn list of all the body panels, that will be cool when they come out with the all painted version, us 2003 E owners can buy painted panels for what sounds like under $500 and update our E and change back when the mood hits us.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great site, added it to my favorites so i can go back and look when i need it... wonder what they will charge for the painted panels when they come out (if they come out).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts