·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When: August 1,2009
Where: Bolsa Chica State Beach
Time: 10 AM-10 PM
Parking Fee: $10.00

It's that time of the year again "HOT SUMMER"...SoCal meet at the Beach! Another excuse to get out of the house to cool down :D also a chance to bring your favorite Beach Goodies.:D. EZ-UPs or Beach Umbrellas is a must for those who care not to get toast! :D. I'm going to be there early to save us a better spots. Fire Pit for BBQ and S'mores and bring some fire woods for those who wants to stay till 10 PM, So! Come on down and have Fun!

Site Location:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
CalDAV file!

When: August 1,2009
Where: Bolsa Chica State Beach
Time: 10 AM-10 PM
Parking Fee: $10.00
I have been playing with the CalDAV (Calendar Information) standard lately, and this seemed like a good test of what I am learning.

CLICK HERE to download a CalDAV event file for this meet. Double-click, and it should add this event, and all it's information (date, time, address, thread link, RdE_Rnr's location map, general info) to your default calendar program, like iCal, Outlook, Google Calendar, etc.. Be sure to keep following the thread in case the info changes later.

If you want to give me feedback on the event file, please tell me what platform and calendar app you used. I successfully tested it on the most current MacOS/iCal. You can't download the file directly on an iPhone, but it syncs fine from MacOS/iCal TO iPhoneOS/iCal.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been playing with the CalDAV (Calendar Information) standard lately, and this seemed like a good test of what I am learning.

CLICK HERE to download a CalDAV event file for this meet. Double-click, and it should add this event, and all it's information to your default calendar program (i.e. date, time, address, thread link, RdE_Rnr's location map, general info). Be sure to keep following the thread in case the info changes later.

If you want to give me feedback on the event file, please tell me what platform and calendar app you used. I tested it on the most current MacOS/iCal.

oh! yah! i use this at work, called Outlook, MS version tho, helps me with all my meetings schedules, reports I run from Crystal Program link schedules, runs my reports to meet my deadlines. Glad you have it.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

If you want to give me feedback on the event file, please tell me what platform and calendar app you used. I successfully tested it on the most current MacOS/iCal. You can't download the file directly on an iPhone, but it syncs fine from MacOS/iCal TO iPhoneOS/iCal.
it worked for me, thanks.

and i could probably make it for the day, but can't stay overnight, because i'll be paddling a kayak at La Jolla Shores early on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like a good time! I won't know if I can mike it until it after this weekend, but so far it's looking good.

:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
thx for the invite Romeo, unfortunately I have prior plans that day. Best wishes to the Usual Suspects, have fun!

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is the exact location or is there an address for some of us need to input into a navi :D sorry, thinking of going to this one. its been scorching HOT!! where i live.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I would be there but sadly have to work both days that weekend.:-( We are still planning the Big Bear weekend trip on Sept 25-27 at the Serrano campground. Mark your calanders.:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello,
Say this looks like it'll be real fun.:D
I was woundering if I could go, and when is it?:lol:
I can show up on this day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
May sound like a stupid question, but as a noobiE I must ask, are these events family oriented, or for single crazy girls and guys :lol:

Also does your E need to have mods ala Car Shows etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello,
Say this looks like it'll be real fun.
I was woundering if I could go, and when is it?
I can show up on this day.
Funny Cecil :lol: dont forget to bring fire woods and the BBQ /Carne Asada..:D

May sound like a stupid question, but as a noobiE I must ask, are these events family oriented, or for single crazy girls and guys :lol:

Also does your E need to have mods ala Car Shows etc.?

Thanks!

Welcome to EOC Gulfstream, lol!! the event is Family Oriented, bring Kids if you have em!, Guys and Girls to, and Nop! is not a Car Show, Just Weekend Meet fun. so! come on down!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow, Wednesday is were most Meats are on sale and I am thinking of doing a Kebab in a stick (skewers) to share with Bell Pepper, Onions, Yellow/Green squash with cherry Tomato on top...yummm!!! I’m also bringing Sodas and Adult Beverages and of course in Dixie Cups, and in addition, Plates/Forks. Am I missing things? I urge people to bring some things to share, kind a like a Pot Luck :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
My list from Costco:

BEER
Water
Plates
Chips
Weber BBQ
and more BEER
Plus - I'll fly a Kite
Did I forget, the BAR is open all day.:lol:

·
Registered
478 Posts
i have already checked with my gal and she is free that day so more than likely we will be making a trip down durr! i cant wait to get in the water..how is the water quality @ bolsa ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tomorrow, Wednesday is were most Meats are on sale and I am thinking of doing a Kebab in a stick (skewers) to share with Bell Pepper, Onions, Yellow/Green squash with cherry Tomato on top...yummm!!! I’m also bringing Sodas and Adult Beverages and of course in Dixie Cups, and in addition, Plates/Forks. Am I missing things? I urge people to bring some things to share, kind a like a Pot Luck :)
I guess you're done with the shopping by now?
Only because, I am.:D
Say, when is the next meet going to be held at?
Maybe, in Utah?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I forgot one more item, I'll be back later.
I need some Tire Shine for the "E".
I want her to look sexy, yeah know?:cool:
Ah, so what - see you then folks.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
i have already checked with my gal and she is free that day so more than likely we will be making a trip down durr! i cant wait to get in the water..how is the water quality @ bolsa ?
They just had it on the news that Bolsa is one of the cleanest beaches in So Cal. :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
For the person who asked about single or family meets...I think they are kind of both. We usually have meets that are open to everyone. Some folks bring kids, others bring their partners and others just come alone..not really searching for someone, but if it happens, it happens.

As for the meet, I have work. But, I can come after work. So, I will see you all in the afternoon/evening. It would be stupid if I could not make it, considering I live only four blocks away from that exact beach.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
?s

A whole day may be a little long for me. It depends on how long Friday turns out to be.

So I guess we are official potluck... Are we talking lunch, dinner, or both?

I assume the parking lot is going to be full, so any tips on alternate parking locations? I'm not familiar with that part of the beach.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts