Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed Bosch brake rotors on your E?

If you did, do you remember the part number for the rear rotors? I may put these on a 2003, but I'm getting conflicting information. Bosch website has the part number as being #26010747. Most part dealers have it as #26010731, and don't even list 26010747 in a search. Amazon has both numbers as being compatible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well... I figured it out with the help of the Reybestos cross reference website.

The #26010747 is a solid rotor. My E needs the solid rotor on the rear.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
bmazz, why the Bosch over a stock rotor? I used to also have a Mini Cooper S, there were Lots of after market brake foe them ( probably because of BMW) , I haven't found a lot for the E. Didn't think there was enough interest. Living in the mountains, I would like to investigate "Big" brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
zenbuilder - Did you mean, why would I choose Bosch over a Honda rotor? Price. Honda rotors are pricey.

From what I have gathered, over the past few years almost all rotor manufacturing is done in China. And, most likely all are made in the same few facilities. For almost any brand, you will find people that have had excellent experiences along with an equal number of complaints. The only "normal" rotor I found not to be made in China is from EBC.

I liked the Bosch reviews. I liked that it's a coated rotor. It's a bummer that they are difficult to find in-store, especially the rear. When it's all said and done, I may just end up with Duralast Golds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts