Honda Element Owners Club banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does any know if this mod bypasses the rear dome lights rear door open trigger? I would still like the dome light to turn on when the back door is open.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just completed this mod today, works great! :-D

I only used one splice around both wires to eliminate the jumper wire. It's easy if you use a small screwdriver to knockout the plastic stopper on one side.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I noticed I was no longer synced, so I got in behind the glovebox and SOMETHING is loose. I thought it was the actual patchwire, so I replaced it and there was still something loose. Thinking one of the taps was bad, I added two new taps and switched the patchwire and STILL having issues. I put BOTH patchwires in at the same time and STILL issues. I seriously can't figure out where the bad connection is, but wiggling anything seems to make/break the connection. Any ideas?

Both Front and Back domes are fully functional independently.

Yes, I know that doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So I have read through this post at least three times now. I have a question that I am pretty sure I have the answer to, but I just want to make sure!! I am NOT going to do the both dome lights on together mod, but I figured this is the best place to ask this question.

I am planning on adding a third "dome light" to the E. I want this dome light to act exactly the same as the dome light that lights up when you open the driver or passenger door. I want it to come on and dim after the set amount of time. This third dome light has its own switch, but the switch is only on and off, so this third dome light will only come on if the dome light is on. After reading all these posts, and reading the Electrical manual, this is what I want to do.

I will take the white wire with the blue stripe from C651 (light blue connector behind the glove box) and that will be my 12VDC+ to power on the third dome light. I will then take the green wire with the red stripe from the same connector, and that will be the ground for the third dome light. So my question is, is this correct???

Let me know, or let me know if this is unclear. Thanks.
did you end up doing this? was this correct? I want to install some approach lighting but don't want to run into the fusebox or battery to power it since the green/white is just a ground. please let me know!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Great Mod

I just did this yesterday after reading this post took me 20 minutes only because getting my fore arms and hands to get in and splice on both wires putting in a jumper and then using a soldering iron took a bit, now when I turn off my alarm my front and back dome lights along with the map lights all come on and all have been replaced by LED festoons with a nice white light. When I close the doors they all fade off at the same time,I could turn the map lights off but I like the luminosity it gives off. So THANK YOU for this awesome mod. :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
synched my dome lights today

Love this mod. I really like having both lights on when I open the doors. Wished I'd done this sooner. It was easy thanks to the help of this forum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did it today, I just put a "T-Tap" over both wires, took ten minutes I never understood why all the lights didn't come on together!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I did this mod today and it works great. It was actually very simple and writing this post will probably take longer then it took to accomplish it. After doing a little research all you have to do is splice 2 wires right behind the glove box. There is a Green with White stripe wire and a Green with Red stripe wire that you hook together and walla both lights come on at the same time. I chose to use some splices that tap into the two wires and then made a jumper wire to connect them. If ever I don't want this mod all I have to do is remove the jumper. If you look at the pics I am posting it will show the type of splices I got from my local auto parts store. To get behind the glove box all I did was remove the stoppers and let it open all the way till it rests on the floor. Of course all the stuff in glove box falls out if you don't remove it. When you look inside and to the right there is a 2 connectors attached together. The one on the back side which happens to be blue has the green wires. Just splice them and your all set.
BRILLIANT! We just bought one and when I searched about it, your post came up. Will be doing this this weekend!! Thanks!

181 - 193 of 193 Posts