Honda Element Owners Club banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, as you can see I did this mod back on the 11th. A couple weeks later I heard a noise from my front dome light as it was dimming out. Sounded like either a short or the bulb was bad. I swapped bulbs with the rear and no noise so I went and bought a new bulb and installed it, no noise on either light. Well now about another week later I am hearing the noise in the front light again. Does not happen in the rear dome and both lights still come on and fade out properly and turn on to full brightness when switched to the "on" position. I know my connections for the mod are nice and secure but am curious as to the noise. So if anyone else has experienced this please let me know, I might disconnect the mod wire to see if the front still makes the noise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it's a buzz, it has been reported before and likely is unrelated to your mod.
Yep, it is a buzz and the light flickers a little....do you have any further on the report....what it was and how they took care of it?

THanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks for tips

works great, i did remove the outside facing trim from dash to make things easier.

while i was in there i did the rear-outlet always on mod too.

evan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lighted Mirror off Dome Light

I have used this info to wire a lighted rear view mirror, connecting battery to the white / blue lead as the power source. It works fine untile I close everything up and tie in the dome light, then it no longer works. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Long long time lurker

Did this mod in 5 minutes. Love it..

I have a newly established love for me E..... Took me two to get it right apparently!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just did this mod, careful there's another green/white wire in the front so don't splice it there like I did. Other than that, this mod should've been included in the original designs by Honda....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Inexpensive for sure.. I'm not too sure on the longevity of the "taps", but they seem to be ok now. For me the limited working space was an issue. Fat hands and this task is probably easier for a lefty. Took me about 25 mins. I did loose one unused tap down behind the glove box for now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2010 wires?

OK, I've looked 3 different times on my 2010, and my wiring harness is different. Has anyoned done this on a 2010? If so, what wires did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Both Interior lights Work Together

Thanks for the instructions on this easy modification. It took me a little longer than 5 minutes but the temperature is 20 today and I had to stop to defrost. I also installed LED festoon bulbs in a blue white color to see if I get more light. The jury is still out on whether they are brighter than incandescent bulbs but I will see come nighttime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Element

Yes, I did it on my 2010 and the photos in the original post are similar to what you will find. There is a white and blue harness coupled together on the right side. Slide them off the anchor against the frame and examine the blue harness for the green/white and green/red wires. Use the t-taps as shown, plug in the splice and bingo - good to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Inexpensive for sure.. I'm not too sure on the longevity of the "taps", but they seem to be ok now. For me the limited working space was an issue. Fat hands and this task is probably easier for a lefty. Took me about 25 mins. I did loose one unused tap down behind the glove box for now.
If it's any consolation, I was lazy when I installed aftermarket fogs in my Saabaru (Saab 92x), and I used wire twist... things (man, I can't think of the name) rather than soldering.

It's been three years and 50k miles, exposed to salt and water and it's alright.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
^^That's probably what he referring to, but as I'm sure you know, wire nuts should never be used on automotive installations.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
^^That's probably what he referring to, but as I'm sure you know, wire nuts should never be used on automotive installations.
I would NEVER use those for any automotive electrical.
I just was trying to interpret what he was saying.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts