1. Change air filter
2. Change cabin filter
3. change oil (with synthetic)
4. balance tires
5. ailgnment
6. change tranny oil
7. fuel filter
8. spark plugs

is there anything you can think of that I might be missing?

#5 ·
is there anything you can think of that I might be missing?
'd0ll,

What about the brakes?

Besides checking that there is a decent amont of material left on the pads, be sure the caliper slides are lubed and the brake fluid is no more than 2-3 years old. (A quick search for sticking brake caliper maintenancewill reveal a few threads on why this brake maintenance is so important)

Good luck, enjoy your new E!

Will

#6 ·
Have your mechanic put it up on the hoist and check the CV boots. Also ask your service rep to look at past honda service bulletins to see if any of them apply to your 03 and if there's documentation in the Honda system that it was done. I changed an oil sensor in my son's 03 because of a symptom, but it turns out there had been a bulletin about it in 2005.

Plugs, the NGK Iridiums (?) are a proven plug.

You probably did this, or will, but pull out all the stuff from the rear compartment - compact spare, jacking gear, all that to make sure you have everything and that there's no accumulated dirt, rust, water, etc. Now is also a good time to gear up with jumper cables, flares, related emergency gear.

Good luck!

#7 ·
How much tread are left on the tires ?
I bought mine used with 30K miles and the brand new tires they put on there were shot at 68K. So I just bought new Yokohama Geolanders for it.

Before paying to have them balanced make sure they have some tread life left.

I thought the factory plugs were rated at over 100k ?

#8 ·
I also just purchased a 2003 Element EX, mine however has 120K on it.

Thanks for the list of recommendations, I have written them down to have them all checked.

The dealer I purchased the vehicle from fixed the rocking front seat and also replaced rear bushings and strut. I was amazed at this. But there was quite a large thud noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when I test drove it. I was likely 'not' going to buy it with this expense, but the did not hesitate to fix it.

Love my 'new to me' E!!:D

#10 ·
Hi,
Good advice as both are really mini Hydraulic Systems.

What kills those even more than dirt, is water, being allowed to collect and never being removed.

Water is heavier than oil and it does a lot of damage misplacing the oil where needed...

Usually in the ram or rack, where the seals lie.

I flush brakes and PS every 2 years, along with the 3qt drop from the auto tranny.

Just sayin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.