Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so today i went into U-Haul and the people were very friendly, Helpful and Knowledgeable.

the sales rep asked me what use i had for the hitch to deter min if i needed the wiring or not and i told him i only wanted to use it for a bike rack and he asked anyways if i needed wiring so i said no.

neways, the Hitch itself is a Class III for only $139 and the guy installed it for only $40 so the hitch installed came out to only $179 which is a lot better than honda's price.

than i went over to my buddy's bike shop to pick up a Thule T2 and he gave me the employee discount so i ended up paying roughly 250ish for the T2 only which is a steal!

so here are some pictures i notice the hitch pulls up on the plastic of the bumper but does not in anyway deform the fitting of it.. are all hitches like this?

im going install the T2 in a little bit and take photos to show you guys if it will in fact clear the tailgate or not which was not answered in the previous thread

edit: sorry for the crappy photos they were taken with my iPhone

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think they all push up on the bumper a little unless you trim out around it. My Hidden Hitch was the same way and I trimmed the bumper so it would fit. I don't know why they don't just make it where it hangs a half inch lower and clears the bumper.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It must push up the bumper on newer models. My 06 doesn't have any issues like that. Also have the Thule 916 T2, awesome hitch.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
It must push up the bumper on newer models. My 06 doesn't have any issues like that. Also have the Thule 916 T2, awesome hitch.
Yup, it only sticks down like that on the '09-'10 models. I've got the same hitch on my '08 and it's a perfect fit. Lots of other threads in the search about this issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i made this thread because the other ones were so clogged with confusing and unanswered questions neways this here shows the rack and all its positions

notice when it is in the lowest position it WILL clear the tailgate however by less then half an inch so if you plan on sitting on it or standing on it or whatknot i suggest you lay a towel or something soft over it or it will probablty hit the tailgate

sorry for the terrible iphone photos

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
just wondering

Was it a Sunday when you took the pic's? Is that a tie your sporting in that reflection? Goin' to church close?:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts