Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone :)

as of yesterday, i am a proud owner of an 06 Element LX. Very excited to drive it around.

I do have some questions. I have been lurking around the forum, and haven't been able to find a clear answer.

The element did not come with a keyless entry. Does it come standard in the LX model? If it does, then i know that I can go on ebay and purchase a key fob. Any suggestions as to which one to buy?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the cult of the E!

My '05 LX didn't come with keyless entry but I think it's a dealer installed accessory item and you can have it installed by a Honda dealer.

If you are so inclined, the components are available from online sources like HandA and Majestic Honda and may be successfully installed by adept DIY'ers.

This is on my list of mods but not a top priority.
Search this forum and you'll find that someone has probably done it and documented their experiences and issues here to great value and effect.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
It's an easy DYI ! This site contains about 50 or 60 threads on this subject. Just do a search and read through them. You will feel like a pro on the subject when your done.

A quick search revealed this thread.

See this site to see how to do it yourself!

Dom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen how easy it is to install - However,would it be less expensive to buy a third party keyless entry? Or buy the genuine Honda one?

·
Registered
836 Posts
FYI get under your dash and ccheck to make sure the keyless box isnt there, my 2004 LX came with it, no FOB's but it did have keyless..... 19 dollars and a week later i had keyless entry!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all -

I did look under the panel, and didn't see anything that stuck out. But then again, I'm not sure what it looks like, but I am sure i can find a picture on this forum

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats.... on the E. The Lx doesnt come with a lot of the extras its more stock.... but if you plan on doing some upgrades that end doesnt matter really too much....customize it the way you want it.

I have an EX... and im already thinking about all i can do to it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all.

I stopped by Best Buy this weekend, just to inquiry how much it would be to install an aftermarket keyless entry. Total is $140, which includes installation.

Where should i buy the OEM keyless entry from? From the link provided earlier, it looks very easy to install.

·
12,179 Posts
Thanks all.

I stopped by Best Buy this weekend, just to inquiry how much it would be to install an aftermarket keyless entry. Total is $140, which includes installation.

Where should i buy the OEM keyless entry from? From the link provided earlier, it looks very easy to install.

Site sponsor H&A has it for $112.80. That is discounted from Honda's MSRP of $158.00

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementelect.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks lizzurd...

How far away from St. Catherine's are you? My wife and I are driving there this weekend to visit some family.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone. I ended up buying the OEM keyless entry from h and a.. it should be here tomorrow! I still need to take pictures of my E, but with the snow storms coming - Might not be the best pictures.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Site sponsor H&A has it for $112.80. That is discounted from Honda's MSRP of $158.00

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementelect.html
when I got my kit it was not compleate.and I needed to pay honda another lump of cash:shock::-( so before you pay ,ask is this all I need to have to install this on my model E ???) I think my total cost was $238. but with that said it's easy to install & works pretty good. my E has only been broken into 1 time since I installed it.the alarm goes off when there about 50' going away with my stuff. they then droped part of my stuff & ran like hell

1 - 20 of 22 Posts