Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just bought rims of craigslist 1st mistake. 2nd Then bought used tires off ebay they are actually nice...boy i wish i checked to see if the rims fit first...Im such ******** retard. Anyway Im selling but how do I measure the bolt pattern of the rim? thanks guys and gals:confused:

·
Registered
895 Posts
You can get adapter kits to get them to fit your rig.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
remeasured

the guy I bought them from said they came off his tiburon, but tiburon bolt pattern is 114.3 aswell...doesnt make sense. I remeasured the rim and it looks like it's actually 4.25 inches which is 107.95 mm...odd wheel but i think it fits jaguar. and maybe corvette, but it's only 8" wide. maybe I'm measuring wrong> I hope so a 5x107.95 is a tough sell

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
All Tiburons use the 5 by 114.3.

5 by 100 is a common Toyota pattern.

Volvo uses a 5 by 108.

Do you have any friends with a Toyota that you could try a rim on?

The other thing you can do is take one to a wheel shop and have them measure the bolt pattern.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Most, and I repeat: most wheels, even aftermarket, will have the bolt pattern stamped on the wheel somewhere. It will either be on the outside on the rim or the inside of one of the spokes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
maybe just maybe...

By the way I didnt buy them I posted that I did but I traded for some old miata rims...sorry heres a pic after I painted them...only thing that came out good. WOW adapters are expensive, and do they have to be made specifically for the element or could I get them at town fair tire or tire rack

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
By the way I didnt buy them I posted that I did but I traded for some old miata rims...sorry heres a pic after I painted them...only thing that came out good. WOW adapters are expensive, and do they have to be made specifically for the element or could I get them at town fair tire or tire rack
At this point you've bought used rims and tires. And now you want to buy generic spacers?? You're asking for trouble. Just get ones that are specific to Element/Honda bolt pattern. Do you really want the wheels to fall off at 70mph?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All Tiburons use the 5 by 114.3.

5 by 100 is a common Toyota pattern.

Volvo uses a 5 by 108.

Do you have any friends with a Toyota that you could try a rim on?

The other thing you can do is take one to a wheel shop and have them measure the bolt pattern.
yup i just found the sticker on the wheel SPC 108 m/m...my element is not made by volvo:-(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At this point you've bought used rims and tires. And now you want to buy generic spacers?? You're asking for trouble. Just get ones that are specific to Element/Honda bolt pattern. Do you really want the wheels to fall off at 70mph?
your right the more I think about it i should just chalk it up to a lesson learned. So whos got some 19's for sale:lol:

·
Registered
895 Posts
where would I get the kit...cost?
My friend who works at one of the larger tire dealers in town has mentioned them I think they are around $150.00. Don't quote me on this though. I did a quick search and came up with quite a few options.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
just buy the correct rims, I was driving a friends caprice that had adapters down a very busy road, the drivers side front rim/tire fell off doing about 40mph, very scary, and a lot of damage, it tore the fender off the car, and I almost caused a big pile up. do yourself a favor, sell those and buy correct ones.

·
Registered
895 Posts
just buy the correct rims, I was driving a friends caprice that had adapters down a very busy road, the drivers side front rim/tire fell off doing about 40mph, very scary, and a lot of damage, it tore the fender off the car, and I almost caused a big pile up. do yourself a favor, sell those and buy correct ones.
That's good to know. They seemed a little sketchy to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts