Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just learned how to upload photos and got this idea after perusing through some pictures I've taken during the past year. I'm sure many of us have photos taken with locallly or nationally known people, musicians, celebrites etc. This is the thread to post your "brag shot"....show us what you got!

I visited a friend last year in San Antonio and had the surprise of my life when he asked me to "help" him with a luncheon at the private club he manages. All he told me was that I needed to wear a suit and that "I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity". I scratched my head for days leading up to my visit wondering what the heck he was talking about. I grew even more suspicious when he called me for my social security number. (I found out later this was so the secret service could do a background check on me)......ok......enough suspense, I'll start off this "brag thread" with a shot of me and someone you will regcognize:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
And you didn't slap him or kick him in the ass??? :evil:

·
Registered
873 Posts
what does the guy on the right have in his hand??:shock: oh no not again,hurt so bad,just cant explain, inthautuation.:shock: (ok who put rod stewart in my head ???? crap now it's gonna be there all day)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha....too funny...LOL!:lol:

The truth of the matter is that I wanted to make sure I gave the President a firm, "manshake" (thats why our hands are blurred) but I think I came close to crushing his hand!:shock:

What is really ironic is that I was poking fun of "W" with my two Republican brothers and Republican wife...all through his presidency and I even sent out my own list of hilarious "Bushisms" just 2 weeks before I met the guy. This was unbelievably ironic! I had no idea who I was meeting until I asked my friend why the roads were all blocked off with police on the way to his club.

I am no Bush fan, but I will say that he was an incredibly nice guy and made a point of talking and posing with all of the club staff. It was sureal seeing him enter and leave with a swat team of 20, armoured car and a special shield blanket the Secret Service had just outside the dining room. Can you imiagine all of this just to have lunch?!!

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
What? No clumsy Bush-isms to share? :grin: Poor guy got a really bad rap just 'cause of a little trouble with speaking extemporaneously.

Hmm... thinking about it, I always manage to be a degree removed from famous people. I don't think she has any pix, but before we were married, my wife worked for Jimmy Carter when he was governor. Also a state legislator who is now a congressman we've been seeing a lot of on TV lately. She says Jimmy is a genuinely nice guy.

I found out after he passed that my father was a poker buddy of Neil Armstrong among other astronauts, and hung-out at the same bar with Chuck Yeager "back in the day".

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok MIkeQBF....since you asked:

'The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.'
- George W. Bush

'If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.'
- George W. Bush

'One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.'
-George W. Bush

'I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.'
- George W. Bush

'The future will be better tomorrow.'
- George W. Bush

'We're going to have the best educated American people in the world.'
- George W. Bush

'I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.'
- George W Bush

'We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe . We are a part of Europe '
- George W. Bush

'Public speaking is very easy.'
- George W. Bush

'A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.'
- George W. Bush

'I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them.'
-George Bush

'We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.'
- George W. Bush

'For NASA, space is still a high priority.'
-George W. Bush

'Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.'
-George W. Bush

'It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.'
- George W. Bush

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
'We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.'
- George W. Bush
I can't completely fault him on that one. I kid you not, I was in a meeting once where my software group was being called on the carpet for a system glitch, "It was something we truly didn't expect!". One of the chastising managers, basically a customer rep at the VP level, said - and this is a close quote - "I need from you, by Friday, a complete list of all other unexpected problems." He was dead serious. It was at that point I started working on a transfer to another division.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sounds like your old manager shoud maybe consider running for office with a bonehead remark like that!

Ok....someone else must have a "brag photo" they can share. My intent was not to turn this into a thread about "Dub-ya". Lets see some brag shots! It can be a photo of anyone you want to "brag" about...as long as the person is "famous" for something.....to you!;-)
(I just opened the door quite a bit!)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I can't find any pics of me with my brother...go figure....
I'll have to ask mom....she may be able to sell me a couple of prints....

(my brother is an Oscar nominated film maker...lol)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts