Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 2010 EX 5 speed manual trans in to the dealer and had the brake fluid replaced and the brakes bled (40,000 miles). Before I drove away from the dealer I pressed the brake pedal moderately hard to see how it felt. I noticed that before I started the engine the pedal felt very hard as it should. When I started the engine and kept the pedal depressed, it got soft and slowly depressed to at least half way to the floor. Note that I was pressing harder than I would in normal driving - I only need a light brake touch in normal driving. I went back in to the service department and asked them to check it. They bled the brakes again. When I got into the car it still acted the same. I asked someone to come out with me and when I demonstrated what was happening I was told that it was the boosters kicking in when the engine started and the softness was 'normal'. Again, the brakes feel fine during normal driving but when I am stopped and hold moderate pressure on the pedal it feels soft and slowly depresses toward the floor. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
It shouldn't KEEP going slowly down to the floor. If it is, you've got a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts