Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been indiscussed in other forums but not here. Has anyone gotten the brake clunk that occurs when you shift from reverse to drive then press the brakes for the first time? Anyone gotten a fix from the dealer or know if this is normal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
jjj.......have not had a prob with my E, but my 2003 Odessey had it BAD.
I took it in, the write-up man said they would look at it, and they did.
They Looked.
So, I took it in again, was told it was "NORMAL"- I suggested that I would go try one from the showroom and if that one didnt clunk, I would swap vehicles with em.........ya shoulda seen his face.

Bottom line, I picked car up and was told that they added shims to the calipers, and coated the area with "moly". Aint made any noise since.

Shims......thats the issue.

shaka!... 8)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I checked this out today at lunch (73deg and clear blue sky) and detected no brake noise whatsoever.

peace,

-jdef

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to say that I hear a simialar noise almost every morning at the same point in my parking lot. It occurs at the first time I apply my brakes after leaving my parking space. I am glad to know that others are having the same issues although it seems to be more common with the CRV. I will be checking with the dealership for a resolution.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, the infamous brake clunk. I first noticed this on my CRV too. Now the E has it. Must be a Honda thing.

Shaka!... :D

Ger

·
Registered
352 Posts
The clunk is from rear brake adjusters re-setting themselves. As another person had described, lube the parking brake adjuster with some brake grease and the noise should go away. My wifes 97 Accord also does the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts