Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dissapointed when find out that Element did not have some kind of warning light to let you know when light bulb is out. I have to find out my brake light were out from my co-worker when he was driving behind me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am dissapointed when find out that Element did not have some kind of warning light to let you know when light bulb is out.
I don't recall any Honda or Toyota I own in the past has warning light for sensing brake light is functional or not.

Do you have any other car did that in the past? :confused:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I cannot recall any vehicle that informs you that a light is out either. Good thing your co-worker told you though.:D

·
12,180 Posts
Starting with the 1990 models the Accords had a brake lamp failure indicator on the dash. If a brake light was out the light on the dash comes on. Some of the Odyssey models have this as well.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Every GM I've ever owned (quite a few) would warn of a missing bulb by blinking at double speed or higher. Since it's just matching the flasher module to the normal load, I don't understand why Honda doesn't have the same thing.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Starting with the 1990 models the Accords had a brake lamp failure indicator on the dash. If a brake light was out the light on the dash comes on. Some of the Odyssey models have this as well.
i have that on our accord. its been on for months, but all the brake lights work. it's off until I disengage the parking brake (with my foot on the brake), then it goes on. The accord boards say there is probably a corrosion problem :confused:

Why'd they discontinue it?

·
12,180 Posts
i have that on our accord. its been on for months, but all the brake lights work. it's off until I disengage the parking brake (with my foot on the brake), then it goes on. The accord boards say there is probably a corrosion problem :confused:

Why'd they discontinue it?

I am pretty sure my 2009 Accord has it still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts