Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil:
This cannot be a normal noise. I have NEVER had a car sound like that when going in reverse (louder when turning lft or right in rev) the first time. Honda can not pass that as a normal noise. It is SO LOUD, you can hear it with the A/C on Radio and windows closed! We too ours in and they said there is nothing wrong with it!!!!?????

Could this be a defect in the casting of either the caliper or the c-mount?? which mis aligns the pad on the rotor??

When you stop the vehicle, put in park, and look at the rear pads the front of the pad is touching the rotor, the rear of the pad is not?? I have not seen pads hit the rotor at an angle before, this will cause uneven wear over time, I'd like to see pads of an "E" that has about 15000 miles on it!

Any input from a service tech would be great?

·
Registered
18 Posts
This noise plagues the CR-V as well. According to HondaSUV.com, this noise is caused by shifting calipers as it moves back and forth...though there hasn't been any safety issuses compromised. TSB 03-033 was recently posted (for the CR-V only, currently), offering a fix (by replacing the lower pad retaining clip) for this annoyance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:shock:
Maybe not a saftey issue, but talk about embarrassing owning a new vehicle to have it sound that way when backing out of a parking space in a populated area! What a way to attract new customers, "Oh that LOUD noise, Honda says its nothing and they won't fix it", makes you want to run out and buy a honda doesn't it.

I know its not a $50,000.00 car but you won't find this noise coming from a $8,000.00 car!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts