Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. It's time to do my rotors and pads. I just also added a dirt bike carrier to the back on a class III hitch with reinforced attachment to the frame. And, I'll be taking my dirtbike to the mountains out West, so beyond what I can achieve with engine braking, maybe brake fade will become a concern?

Can anyone share any actual experience after installing better than OEM rotors and pads? There's lots of debate in the forums about slotted, drilled, this or that. But, I'm really hoping to find folks who've actually spent a bit more on their brake parts and have real world experience (with their element) to share...more so than speculation.
Also interested in any advice from folks having done this with towing/hauling in mind.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
2008ex

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
see my review on Hawk LTS pads and Eurorotor solid rotors, I would avoid the drilled and slotted rotors, that came to be in use on street cars more as fashion to look like a race car.

But of course racecars change their brakes every race as the drilling and slotting actually start to crack the rotors from extreme use, blank rotors are better when they are high carbon rotors like the Eurorotor.

My friends and I have tried all sorts of rotors on the racetrack and have battled with severe brake fade, these rotors are awesome and only cost $50 Canadian each.

Front Brake Upgrade with Eurorotors and Hawk LTS Ceramic...

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,373 Posts
The TSX front brake upgrade is well worth the $. Not a fan of slotted rotors on the street.
Just order pads,rotors,calipers with brackets for a 2006 V6 accord, everything bolts on. Can use original E brake hoses.

I used Raybestos E3 pads, they have a higher DOT friction rating of HH, these have a nice "bite" to them, no noise ever, and hardly any dust. Priced really low for how well they work.

Reactions: Mcdirtymetal

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I did RSX brake upgrade with slotted rotors. No regrets.

·
Super Moderator
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
518 Posts
The Front TSX brake upgrade is so good, I recommended it to my nephew for his 08 Civic.
As long as it's a 5lug (and 16" wheels), it's the best budget brake upgrade available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are there any TSX brake kits that are plug and play? I don't have time to do them myself so I need something that a brake shop can do where they won't complain or have to follow a set of instructions to mod the kit to fit.
Thanks

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,373 Posts
Are there any TSX brake kits that are plug and play? I don't have time to do them myself so I need something that a brake shop can do where they won't complain or have to follow a set of instructions to mod the kit to fit.
Thanks
Go to rock auto, order for 2006 Acura TSX or accord V6. Can't get any easier than this.
The Raybestos new (not reman) calipers won't have a core charge, and the price is about the same as reman.

Reactions: wannahonda

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Go to rock auto, order for 2006 Acura TSX or accord V6. Can't get any easier than this.
The Raybestos new (not reman) calipers won't have a core charge, and the price is about the same as reman.
Right now on Rockauto I only see a rear caliper brand new non reman from Raybestos

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
OP, I’ve used a MotoJack for my fully-loaded TW200 for the last 18 months without incident. I do fire roads and have driven from WA to No. CA with no problems. I’ll do light fire roads. Only upgrade is my 3” lift and 30” tires. Do it!
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Sky

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts