Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone notice this :?: It only clicks when the Element is in reverse and then in drive again.

It is normal for calipers to have that much play :?:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I get the same sound and didn't really pay much attention to it. I'm going to my dealer and have them take a ride with me. :(

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's very normal. The brake pads shift in their holders when changing directions. They are made that way to eliminate noise during braking (other than the noise they make by moving in the holder when first braking in an opposite direction, of course!).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Einstein is correct.

Dealer concurs.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yep, Boomer with the Flaming Box ALSO concurs. CRV had it....The Flaming Box has it.

Ger

·
Registered
176 Posts
Honda has issued a fix for CRV's with new lower brake pad clips with a groove to prevent this movement. Apparently does not apply to the E yet but suspect it will eventually. Until then, reverse "click", forward "click"!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem, brought it to the dealer and here is what the mechanic did, he cut up an old pepsi can and used it as a spacer inbetween the mounting brackets and when he put the pads back in and we road tested it no more clicking. He said the crv had that problem but they fixed it in previous years. Honda already knows about the problem and has suggested the exact fix that my mechanic did. Love my E wish it was a second year though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought i read about the CRV clips in another forum. Perhaps you could buy the CRV clips to eliminate the problem. I don't know if they fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife brought our 4WD EX into the dealer for an oil change and mentioned the caliper noise (our guess). They changed the oil and said they test drove it and couldn't hear the noise. Of course my wife waited there and they didn't bother to ask her to demonstrate the noise (since it's always there). Ticks me off that they probably know about this.

Anger rose more when I get the service "survey" call a few days later. I mention the above and get an apology.

Two days later, receive a letter from the dealer stating I will be surveyed by Honda Corporate re: service experience. Letter strongly pleads for "Excellents." Just like when we bought it.

Interesting I never received a call or letter regarding my complaint.

I'll have to "test" them again at the next oil change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
KASSY said:
I had the same problem, brought it to the dealer and here is what the mechanic did, he cut up an old pepsi can and used it as a spacer inbetween the mounting brackets and when he put the pads back in and we road tested it no more clicking. He said the crv had that problem but they fixed it in previous years. Honda already knows about the problem and has suggested the exact fix that my mechanic did. Love my E wish it was a second year though
I have 2005 WITH THE SAME DUMB SOUND, dam Honda get with the program.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There is A TSB out for the E. My CRV had the same thing. A TSB came out to fix it. Now there is the same fix for the E. They have the SAME parts!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts