Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my regular tire rotation today and i just asked the guys at Kal-tire where i bought my Nokian tires to check my brakes. Bisdak is 60,000kms and the result was front brakes are 40% while the rear brakes are 15%. 15%????? is this alarming, should i have it changed?
Any suggestions?????
And If i should change, just the rear right or also front?
I know the dealership would charge very high but should i stay with them, my opinion is I have no problems with the OEM brakes. and if ever i go elsewhere, where do you recommend, MIDAS, CANDIAN TIRE, SPEEDY WHERE????
Winter is just around the corner and I just want my family and my baby be safe.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.. THANK YOU ALL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I admire you ride

hey ramblerdan, honestly I like your ride I even have your ride at my favourites so everytime I want somethin i always look at your site.
Anyways, What is your suggestion, Im not kidding, i need your guidance
thnks

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Lots of experiences posted, IIRC. You could measure the pads' thicknesses, comprare the thinnest one to spec, and guesstimate how long that will last with your driving habits. Or have someone you trust make the call. Ultimately other people's experiences and opinions don't mean spit compared to a good inspection.

For my dime, use OEM parts, though you don't need to have a dealer do the work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brake change PLUS

Just had my regular tire rotation today and i just asked the guys at Kal-tire where i bought my Nokian tires to check my brakes. Bisdak is 60,000kms and the result was front brakes are 40% while the rear brakes are 15%. 15%????? is this alarming, should i have it changed?
Any suggestions?????
And If i should change, just the rear right or also front?
I know the dealership would charge very high but should i stay with them, my opinion is I have no problems with the OEM brakes. and if ever i go elsewhere, where do you recommend, MIDAS, CANDIAN TIRE, SPEEDY WHERE????
Winter is just around the corner and I just want my family and my baby be safe.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.. THANK YOU ALL
While your dirty with the brakes,lubricate the lower rear shock bolts.Doesn't come up in any Honda service and they do rust together..$$$ to get out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts